Re: [NH] http://home.comcast.net/~ebrown1927/Weatherford/test-pages/hello_world.html

  • Cary Driscoll
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 27, 2007
      You have this styling:

      html, body {
      background:#F5F5DC;
      margin:0;
      padding:0;
      font-family:arial;
      font-size:12pt;
      font-weight:strong;
      link:#000080;
      align:#FF0000;
      vlink:#00FF00;
      }

      According to the W3C CSS Validator...

      Line 7 - html, body
      Value Error : font-weight strong is not a font-weight value

      Line 8 - html, body
      Property link doesn't exist

      Line 9 - html, body
      Property align doesn't exist

      Line 10 - html, body
      Property vlink doesn't exist

      I'm not sure what you wished to achieve with "align:#FF0000", but the rest
      can be rewritten using something like this:

      html, body {
      background:#F5F5DC;
      margin:0;
      padding:0;
      font-family:arial;
      font-size:12pt;
      font-weight:bold;
      }
      a:link {
      color:#000080;
      }
      a:vlink {
      color:#00FF00;
      }

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 27, 2007
        On the last exciting episode, aired on 27/6/2007 18:43, Rudolf Horbas
        invited the wrath of the gods by saying:

        > 2. You're not closing the p tag
        > 3. You're not closing the span tag

        Or, more accurately, you are trying to put divs inside a p and a span
        (they ARE being closed below...)

        - DIV is a block element;
        - SPAN is a inline element;
        - P is special case of a block element.

        You see, you can't put block elements inside inline elements -- or
        inside P elements, which are block, but cannot contain other blocks.

        Marcelo

        -=-=-
        Conformity obstructs progress.
        * TagZilla 0.066 on Seamonkey 1.1.2
      • Edward
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 28, 2007
          Thanks for looking. I have re written the whole thing and it is worse than
          it was in the beginning, because I made too many changes in too much of a
          hurry. Now I will get back to it in a day or so . I am reading up on it a
          little more. Thanks again for your input, it was very valueable to me.
          Ed
          > Value Error : font-weight strong is not a font-weight value
          >
          > Line 8 - html, body
          > Property link doesn't exist
          >
          > Line 9 - html, body
          > Property align doesn't exist
          >
          > Line 10 - html, body
          > Property vlink doesn't exist
          >
          > I'm not sure what you wished to achieve with "align:#FF0000", but the rest
          > can be rewritten using something like this:
          >
          > html, body {
          > background:#F5F5DC;
          > margin:0;
          > padding:0;
          > font-family:arial;
          > font-size:12pt;
          > font-weight:bold;
          > }
          > a:link {
          > color:#000080;
          > }
          > a:vlink {
          > color:#00FF00;
          > }

        • Edward
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 28, 2007
            Thanks Rudy, I really appreciate your input on these pages.
            Ed
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 28, 2007
              Oops. The visited link styling I gave below should be

              a:visited {
              color:#00FF00;
              }