Re: [NH] HTML slide show creators

  • Mike Breiding
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 18, 2007
      I considered <meta http-equiv="refresh"> tag as well but as others have
      pointed out this can trigger pop-up alarms as well.
      Pluss, it is rather cumbersome.

      I am about ready to scrap this idea and just use what I normally use:
      http://epicroadtrips.us/2006/spring/Southern_New_Jersey/
      http://epicroadtrips.us/2006/summer/yough_river_cville2dawson/

      Thanks,
      -Mike
      ==========
      At 10:10 AM 6/18/2007 , you wrote:
      >Hi Mike,
      >There is only one way you can achieve an automatically advancing
      >slideshow in pure HTML, and that involves the <meta
      >http-equiv="refresh"> tag. This, of course, has no facility for the
      >user to control the show.
      >Greg

    • Corl DeLuna
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 18, 2007
        Hi Mike,

        I had no idea you had so much more on your site. Woah! Tons of pictures with
        a lots of interesting background info about each. I think most slide shows
        would limit the amount of info you like to share. I'd like to point you to a
        subsection of Stu's site related to image mapping that I think is right up
        your alley.

        http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menu/mapper.html
        http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menu/balloons.html
        <http://cssplay.co.uk/menu/old_master.html>
        http://cssplay.co.uk/menu/old_master.html and there is so much more.

        Your site as it is, is very impressive, but I wouldn't have known about New
        Jersy without the link in this email. May I suggest more work on your site
        wide navigation, while keeping it simple like you are already. Maybe taking
        your FL imagemap idea and showing your whole route traced out for all 13
        states?

        Best to you on your HTML road trip,
        Corl

        _____