RE: [NH] HTML slide show creators

  • Mike Breiding
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 18 9:31 AM
      Stu Nicholls' site is amazing and I may try to incorporate one of his CSS
      layouts for slides.
      Thanks for the ideas!

      -Mike
      ============
      At 04:43 PM 6/17/2007 , you wrote:
      >Hi Mike,
      >Your imagemap is simply a brilliant way of graphically organizing your
      >trips, so I'm not being kind.
      >
      >As Flash soundslides are set to stream, but I really don't have a way to
      >test how they'd play on a lower bandwidth internet connection. I make
      >websites for CD-ROM so this is not an issue for me.
      >
      >Have you looked at all the CSS solutions for photo galleries offered by Stu
      >Nicholls? I think he's achieved amazing results without JS. See the demos on
      >the left http://cssplay.co.uk/menu/ I prefer CSS to JavaScript every time,
      >due to security issues, and I'm not a programmer. The one you found was
      >pretty nifty, but as you said it triggers the pop-up blocker.
      >
      >I hope you find something that works for you,
      >Corl
      >

      >========
      >Corl,
      >Thanks for the kind words about my
      ><http://epicroadtrips.us/2006/winter/>image map.
      >
      >I loved theSan Jose Mercury News Soundslides but I am concerned about
      >bandwidth and right now I am needing to keep it simple.
      >
      >This javascript slide show with captions:
      >http://www.codelifter.com/main/javascript/slideshow3.html
      >looks promising but it triggers the pop-up blocker in IE 6. This could be a
      >roadblock to viewing by some.

    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 18 12:24 PM
        Hi Mike - this thread sure sparked a lot of replies. Just wanted to suggest
        one of Eric Fookes own programs for this task.

        Easy Imager <http://www.fookes.com/ezimager/index.php> One of many options
        this program provides is generation of Slide shows. It DOES use a simple
        javascript file scripts.js to handle the transitions from one picture to
        next and selection of speed.

        If you are at all handy with HTM, by tweaking the templates ( in Templates
        folder within the Program Files folder) you can make the display look like
        just about anything you like if non of the provided styles meets your needs.

        Not free ($34.95) but has Fookes usual 30-day trial. If you're not convinced
        its worth the price you COULD just generate a couple of samples, look at the
        HTML that gets generated and then use some fairly simple clips to modify
        your sample without even using Easy Imager again after the trial is over. If
        you like what it generates you might want to get a licensed copy though :-)

        --
        Regards ... Alec

      • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 28 8:29 AM
          About 10 day s ago I sent an email wanting info on slide shows.
          I received a message back about voice over slide shows and a link to a new
          paper site which showcased the history of a town in California.

          I can't locate these emails.
          Would whoever sent them be kind enough to resend?

          Thanks,
          -Mike

          ----------
          Check it out: