Re: [NH] web design/layout for journals and lists

  • sisterscape
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 16, 2007
      Hi Mike:

      I just looked at one of your links but get the idea.

      There is a journal on one of my sites that has very similar information
      - http://www.waterstonewildlife.org/journal/

      If that's the fornat you're looking for, check out WordPress -
      http://wordpress.org/

      While it's a challenge to customize a template, the result is very
      satisfying. Note: if you are not totally conversant in tableless
      design and CSS, the challenge might be insurmountable as you have to
      get into the guts of the code to do it.

      sisterscape

      <http://epicroadtrips.us/2007/dad/transcribed_journals/Lowry_AF_Denver/serv_

      > jrnl_bird_list_72.75d.txt>Bird lists

      http://epicroadtrips.us/2007/dad/transcribed_journals/Lowry_AF_Denver/serv_j

      > rnl_bird_list_72.75d.txt

      <http://epicroadtrips.us/2007/dad/transcribed_journals/Lowry_AF_Denver/serv_

      > jrnl_part1_70.00d.txt>Journal

      http://epicroadtrips.us/2007/dad/transcribed_journals/Lowry_AF_Denver/serv_j

      > rnl_part1_70.00d.txt
      >
      > Thanks,
      > -Mik
      >

      > ----------
      > Check it out:
      > www.EpicRoadTrips.us
      >
      > ~~~
      >

      > ~~~

      > Fookes Software Home: http://www.fookes.com

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 16, 2007
        Thanks, Sis!
        The pages are nice, but a bit ambitious for me.

        I do want to use a rounded corner DIV for the pages as I think it make is
        more journal like.
        The list are another issue.
        How to categorized and present them is going to be tough for me to decide.

        Thanks,
        -Mike
        ==================
        At 09:54 AM 4/16/2007 , sisterscape wrote:

        >Hi Mike:
        >
        >I just looked at one of your links but get the idea.
        >
        >There is a journal on one of my sites that has very similar information
        >- http://www.waterstonewildlife.org/journal/
        >
        >If that's the fornat you're looking for, check out WordPress -
        >http://wordpress.org/
        >
        >While it's a challenge to customize a template, the result is very
        >satisfying. Note: if you are not totally conversant in tableless
        >design and CSS, the challenge might be insurmountable as you have to
        >get into the guts of the code to do it.
        >
        >sisterscape

        ----------
        Check it out:
        www.EpicRoadTrips.us

        ~~~

        ~~~

      • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 16, 2007
          Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
          > Thanks, Sis!
          > The pages are nice, but a bit ambitious for me.
          >
          > I do want to use a rounded corner DIV for the pages as I think it make is
          > more journal like.
          > The list are another issue.
          > How to categorized and present them is going to be tough for me to decide.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > -Mike
          Mike, Wordpress is the bomb. Go for it! You can do it.
        • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 18, 2007
            At 10:13 PM 4/16/2007 , you wrote:
            >Mike, Wordpress is the bomb. Go for it! You can do it.

            We shall see...

            Thanks,-Mike

            Check it out:
            www.EpicRoadTrips.us