web design/layout for journals and lists

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 16 6:54 AM
      Greetings,

      I am in the process of having my dad's journals and bird list transcribed.
      I intend to put them up on the web.

      If anyone knows of sites with similar content, or has any ides about the
      design/layout for such a site I would like to hear from them.
      I am also interested in finding out info on any web design forums where I
      might go for help and advise.

      Here are some examples of what I am working with:

      <http://epicroadtrips.us/2007/dad/transcribed_journals/Lowry_AF_Denver/serv_
      jrnl_bird_list_72.75d.txt>Bird lists
      http://epicroadtrips.us/2007/dad/transcribed_journals/Lowry_AF_Denver/serv_j
      rnl_bird_list_72.75d.txt

      <http://epicroadtrips.us/2007/dad/transcribed_journals/Lowry_AF_Denver/serv_
      jrnl_part1_70.00d.txt>Journal
      http://epicroadtrips.us/2007/dad/transcribed_journals/Lowry_AF_Denver/serv_j
      rnl_part1_70.00d.txt

      Thanks,
      -Mik

      ----------
      Check it out:
      www.EpicRoadTrips.us

      ~~~

      ~~~

    • sisterscape
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 16 7:54 AM
        Hi Mike:

        I just looked at one of your links but get the idea.

        There is a journal on one of my sites that has very similar information
        - http://www.waterstonewildlife.org/journal/

        If that's the fornat you're looking for, check out WordPress -
        http://wordpress.org/

        While it's a challenge to customize a template, the result is very
        satisfying. Note: if you are not totally conversant in tableless
        design and CSS, the challenge might be insurmountable as you have to
        get into the guts of the code to do it.

        sisterscape

        --- Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV <mike@...> wrote:

        > Greetings,
        >
        > I am in the process of having my dad's journals and bird list
        > transcribed.
        > I intend to put them up on the web.
        >
        > If anyone knows of sites with similar content, or has any ides about
        > the
        > design/layout for such a site I would like to hear from them.
        > I am also interested in finding out info on any web design forums
        > where I
        > might go for help and advise.
        >
        > Here are some examples of what I am working with:

        <http://epicroadtrips.us/2007/dad/transcribed_journals/Lowry_AF_Denver/serv_

        > jrnl_bird_list_72.75d.txt>Bird lists

        http://epicroadtrips.us/2007/dad/transcribed_journals/Lowry_AF_Denver/serv_j

        > rnl_bird_list_72.75d.txt

        <http://epicroadtrips.us/2007/dad/transcribed_journals/Lowry_AF_Denver/serv_

        > jrnl_part1_70.00d.txt>Journal

        http://epicroadtrips.us/2007/dad/transcribed_journals/Lowry_AF_Denver/serv_j

        > rnl_part1_70.00d.txt
        >
        > Thanks,
        > -Mik
        >

        > ----------
        > Check it out:
        > www.EpicRoadTrips.us
        >
        > ~~~
        >

        > ~~~

        > Fookes Software Home: http://www.fookes.com

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 16 11:27 AM
          Thanks, Sis!
          The pages are nice, but a bit ambitious for me.

          I do want to use a rounded corner DIV for the pages as I think it make is
          more journal like.
          The list are another issue.
          How to categorized and present them is going to be tough for me to decide.

          Thanks,
          -Mike
          ==================
          At 09:54 AM 4/16/2007 , sisterscape wrote:

          >Hi Mike:
          >
          >I just looked at one of your links but get the idea.
          >
          >There is a journal on one of my sites that has very similar information
          >- http://www.waterstonewildlife.org/journal/
          >
          >If that's the fornat you're looking for, check out WordPress -
          >http://wordpress.org/
          >
          >While it's a challenge to customize a template, the result is very
          >satisfying. Note: if you are not totally conversant in tableless
          >design and CSS, the challenge might be insurmountable as you have to
          >get into the guts of the code to do it.
          >
          >sisterscape

          ----------
          Check it out:
          www.EpicRoadTrips.us

          ~~~

          ~~~

        • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 16 8:13 PM
            Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
            > Thanks, Sis!
            > The pages are nice, but a bit ambitious for me.
            >
            > I do want to use a rounded corner DIV for the pages as I think it make is
            > more journal like.
            > The list are another issue.
            > How to categorized and present them is going to be tough for me to decide.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > -Mike
            Mike, Wordpress is the bomb. Go for it! You can do it.
          • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 18 10:42 AM
              At 10:13 PM 4/16/2007 , you wrote:
              >Mike, Wordpress is the bomb. Go for it! You can do it.

              We shall see...

              Thanks,-Mike

              Check it out:
              www.EpicRoadTrips.us