[NH] Re: style and layout presentation using notetab -moving to new folder-

  • frank
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 15, 2007
      hello all,

      I would remind any who are including FTP into their process to choose
      one that can be operated from a command, and that can have many
      different profiles [presets].

      with NoteTab you can build a clip that will FTP your file to whatever
      directory your preset specifies. when you finish working on your
      source code you can just click the clip and it will FTP. no need to
      even open the FTP client. it just happens in the background. and while
      that is working you can continue working in NoteTab on another file.
      saves me alotta time.

      regards,

      tf
      http://www.thefrank.com
      http://www.icosagame.com
    • xmarti3
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 15, 2007
        Thankyou Axel, I found how to see the file ext. In win 2000, you go to
        Tools and then Folder options. I can have it appear in the address
        bar. Found the answer in my handy dandy windows 2000 'teach yourself'
        book.
        Laura

        > xmarti3 wrote:
        > > NoteTab Light, it automatically saves the files using
        > > browser ID type icons..maybe there is another way to set that?
        >
        > Notetab does nothing. The icon is chosen by the operation system solely
        > based on the file's extension. But whenever you look at the contents of
        > any folder, icons are not what you want to see. As I said, right click
        > into the folder background and "view -> details".
        >
        > Axel

      • xmarti3
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 15, 2007
          Is that a feature in NoteTab standard edition or do I gotta go pro to
          get that feature?
          Laura

          --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, "frank" <tf@...> wrote:

          > hello all,
          >
          > I would remind any who are including FTP into their process to choose
          > one that can be operated from a command, and that can have many
          > different profiles [presets].
          >
          > with NoteTab you can build a clip that will FTP your file to whatever
          > directory your preset specifies. when you finish working on your
          > source code you can just click the clip and it will FTP. no need to
          > even open the FTP client. it just happens in the background. and while
          > that is working you can continue working in NoteTab on another file.
          > saves me alotta time.
          >
          > regards,
          >
          > tf
          > http://www.thefrank.com
          > http://www.icosagame.com

        • frank
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 16, 2007
            Hi Laura

            I use NTP [Pro] and cannot comment regarding NTS [Standard] features.
            There are however many group members who are familiar with NTS and
            should be able to answer your question accurately.

            regards,

            tf
            http://www.thefrank.com
            http://www.icosagame.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 16, 2007
              frank wrote:
              > I use NTP [Pro]

              NTP is so bloody cheap, that when getting i could not see the point of
              buying anything less - especially since tho pro functions are the ones
              really worth having.