[NH] Re: style and layout presentation using notetab -moving to new folder-

  • xmarti3
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 14, 2007

      > xmarti3 wrote:
      > > If all this makes sense to you.
      >
      > Not overly much, no, sorry. Two more hints, as you say "icon":
      > In Windows windows (yes, I know, but I didn't choose the name) always
      > choose "show details" for view. >>
      NO, i am saying the window in Easy FTP, and i see no way to change
      that in that program. Will say though that Easy FTP was easy! And
      while I did think that was poor having the too small of window to read
      my files, but then.. it was FREE.

      In a folder of mostly HTML or mostly
      > textfiles or similar there are few things more ridiculous than huge
      > icons, all the same, with tiny illegible and truncated script
      > underneath.

      Well, when I save my files to a folder while in NoteTab Light, it
      automatically saves the files using browser ID type icons..maybe there
      is another way to set that?

      > > I used Easy FTP
      >
      > Don't know that one, it may even be good. For myself I have not found
      > anything to beat Totalcommander for all basic tasks including FTP. The
      > trial version is fully functional except for one nag-screen on startup.
      > I can't use any computer efficiently without that one.
      >
      > Axel

      Thanks for the info, one day i may actually invest in an FTP, but too,
      I think of upgrading my NoteTab Light.

      Laura
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 15, 2007
        xmarti3 wrote:
        > NoteTab Light, it automatically saves the files using
        > browser ID type icons..maybe there is another way to set that?

        Notetab does nothing. The icon is chosen by the operation system solely
        based on the file's extension. But whenever you look at the contents of
        any folder, icons are not what you want to see. As I said, right click
        into the folder background and "view -> details".

        Axel
      • frank
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 15, 2007
          hello all,

          I would remind any who are including FTP into their process to choose
          one that can be operated from a command, and that can have many
          different profiles [presets].

          with NoteTab you can build a clip that will FTP your file to whatever
          directory your preset specifies. when you finish working on your
          source code you can just click the clip and it will FTP. no need to
          even open the FTP client. it just happens in the background. and while
          that is working you can continue working in NoteTab on another file.
          saves me alotta time.

          regards,

          tf
          http://www.thefrank.com
          http://www.icosagame.com
        • xmarti3
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 15, 2007
            Thankyou Axel, I found how to see the file ext. In win 2000, you go to
            Tools and then Folder options. I can have it appear in the address
            bar. Found the answer in my handy dandy windows 2000 'teach yourself'
            book.
            Laura

            > xmarti3 wrote:
            > > NoteTab Light, it automatically saves the files using
            > > browser ID type icons..maybe there is another way to set that?
            >
            > Notetab does nothing. The icon is chosen by the operation system solely
            > based on the file's extension. But whenever you look at the contents of
            > any folder, icons are not what you want to see. As I said, right click
            > into the folder background and "view -> details".
            >
            > Axel

          • xmarti3
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 15, 2007
              Is that a feature in NoteTab standard edition or do I gotta go pro to
              get that feature?
              Laura

              --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, "frank" <tf@...> wrote:

              > hello all,
              >
              > I would remind any who are including FTP into their process to choose
              > one that can be operated from a command, and that can have many
              > different profiles [presets].
              >
              > with NoteTab you can build a clip that will FTP your file to whatever
              > directory your preset specifies. when you finish working on your
              > source code you can just click the clip and it will FTP. no need to
              > even open the FTP client. it just happens in the background. and while
              > that is working you can continue working in NoteTab on another file.
              > saves me alotta time.
              >
              > regards,
              >
              > tf
              > http://www.thefrank.com
              > http://www.icosagame.com

            • frank
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 16, 2007
                Hi Laura

                I use NTP [Pro] and cannot comment regarding NTS [Standard] features.
                There are however many group members who are familiar with NTS and
                should be able to answer your question accurately.

                regards,

                tf
                http://www.thefrank.com
                http://www.icosagame.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 16, 2007
                  frank wrote:
                  > I use NTP [Pro]

                  NTP is so bloody cheap, that when getting i could not see the point of
                  buying anything less - especially since tho pro functions are the ones
                  really worth having.