Re: [NH] Re: style and layout presentation using notetab -moving to new folder-

    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 14, 2007
      xmarti3 wrote:
      > If all this makes sense to you.

      Not overly much, no, sorry. Two more hints, as you say "icon":
      In Windows windows (yes, I know, but I didn't choose the name) always
      choose "show details" for view. In a folder of mostly HTML or mostly
      textfiles or similar there are few things more ridiculous than huge
      icons, all the same, with tiny illegible and truncated script
      underneath.

      > I used Easy FTP

      Don't know that one, it may even be good. For myself I have not found
      anything to beat Totalcommander for all basic tasks including FTP. The
      trial version is fully functional except for one nag-screen on startup.
      I can't use any computer efficiently without that one.

      Axel
    • xmarti3
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 14, 2007

        > xmarti3 wrote:
        > > If all this makes sense to you.
        >
        > Not overly much, no, sorry. Two more hints, as you say "icon":
        > In Windows windows (yes, I know, but I didn't choose the name) always
        > choose "show details" for view. >>
        NO, i am saying the window in Easy FTP, and i see no way to change
        that in that program. Will say though that Easy FTP was easy! And
        while I did think that was poor having the too small of window to read
        my files, but then.. it was FREE.

        In a folder of mostly HTML or mostly
        > textfiles or similar there are few things more ridiculous than huge
        > icons, all the same, with tiny illegible and truncated script
        > underneath.

        Well, when I save my files to a folder while in NoteTab Light, it
        automatically saves the files using browser ID type icons..maybe there
        is another way to set that?

        > > I used Easy FTP
        >
        > Don't know that one, it may even be good. For myself I have not found
        > anything to beat Totalcommander for all basic tasks including FTP. The
        > trial version is fully functional except for one nag-screen on startup.
        > I can't use any computer efficiently without that one.
        >
        > Axel

        Thanks for the info, one day i may actually invest in an FTP, but too,
        I think of upgrading my NoteTab Light.

        Laura
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 15, 2007
          xmarti3 wrote:
          > NoteTab Light, it automatically saves the files using
          > browser ID type icons..maybe there is another way to set that?

          Notetab does nothing. The icon is chosen by the operation system solely
          based on the file's extension. But whenever you look at the contents of
          any folder, icons are not what you want to see. As I said, right click
          into the folder background and "view -> details".

          Axel
        • frank
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 15, 2007
            hello all,

            I would remind any who are including FTP into their process to choose
            one that can be operated from a command, and that can have many
            different profiles [presets].

            with NoteTab you can build a clip that will FTP your file to whatever
            directory your preset specifies. when you finish working on your
            source code you can just click the clip and it will FTP. no need to
            even open the FTP client. it just happens in the background. and while
            that is working you can continue working in NoteTab on another file.
            saves me alotta time.

            regards,

            tf
            http://www.thefrank.com
            http://www.icosagame.com
          • xmarti3
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 15, 2007
              Thankyou Axel, I found how to see the file ext. In win 2000, you go to
              Tools and then Folder options. I can have it appear in the address
              bar. Found the answer in my handy dandy windows 2000 'teach yourself'
              book.
              Laura

              > xmarti3 wrote:
              > > NoteTab Light, it automatically saves the files using
              > > browser ID type icons..maybe there is another way to set that?
              >
              > Notetab does nothing. The icon is chosen by the operation system solely
              > based on the file's extension. But whenever you look at the contents of
              > any folder, icons are not what you want to see. As I said, right click
              > into the folder background and "view -> details".
              >
              > Axel

            • xmarti3
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 15, 2007
                Is that a feature in NoteTab standard edition or do I gotta go pro to
                get that feature?
                Laura

                --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, "frank" <tf@...> wrote:

                > hello all,
                >
                > I would remind any who are including FTP into their process to choose
                > one that can be operated from a command, and that can have many
                > different profiles [presets].
                >
                > with NoteTab you can build a clip that will FTP your file to whatever
                > directory your preset specifies. when you finish working on your
                > source code you can just click the clip and it will FTP. no need to
                > even open the FTP client. it just happens in the background. and while
                > that is working you can continue working in NoteTab on another file.
                > saves me alotta time.
                >
                > regards,
                >
                > tf
                > http://www.thefrank.com
                > http://www.icosagame.com

              • frank
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 16, 2007
                  Hi Laura

                  I use NTP [Pro] and cannot comment regarding NTS [Standard] features.
                  There are however many group members who are familiar with NTS and
                  should be able to answer your question accurately.

                  regards,

                  tf
                  http://www.thefrank.com
                  http://www.icosagame.com
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 16, 2007
                    frank wrote:
                    > I use NTP [Pro]

                    NTP is so bloody cheap, that when getting i could not see the point of
                    buying anything less - especially since tho pro functions are the ones
                    really worth having.