Re: [NH] Re: style and layout presentation using notetab -moving to new folder-

    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 12, 2007
      xmarti3 wrote:
      > that the style sheets I chose to upload had the wrong extensions.

      Have you allowed your windows to "hide extensions of known file formats"
      or some such nonsense? My advice is don't and also have it show you
      hidden and system files. It may be alright for your husband to hide
      things from you, especially in the week before your birthday, that's up
      to, but allowing Bill Gates and Windows to do the same is a sure way
      into trouble.

      Axel
    • xmarti3
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 13, 2007

        > xmarti3 wrote:
        > > that the style sheets I chose to upload had the wrong extensions.
        >
        > Have you allowed your windows to "hide extensions of known file formats"
        > or some such nonsense? My advice is don't and also have it show you
        > hidden and system files. It may be alright for your husband to hide
        > things from you, especially in the week before your birthday, that's up
        > to, but allowing Bill Gates and Windows to do the same is a sure way
        > into trouble.
        >
        > Axel

        LOL!
        I used Easy FTP from eHostSource.com and on the side that shows my
        files, you cannot see the ext due to the short width of the window..
        and on my puter I never noticed different file extensions because all
        i did was open a new folder in the original folder and dragged the
        needed files (by icon) into it. So that is what I mean about not
        choosing the file.. i did move the icon that in that folder must be
        correct. If all this makes sense to you. Maybe there is another way i
        should go about setting up the folder? So far i have just always
        downloaded the files into the folder i setup, then move them around
        from there.
        Laura
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 14, 2007
          xmarti3 wrote:
          > If all this makes sense to you.

          Not overly much, no, sorry. Two more hints, as you say "icon":
          In Windows windows (yes, I know, but I didn't choose the name) always
          choose "show details" for view. In a folder of mostly HTML or mostly
          textfiles or similar there are few things more ridiculous than huge
          icons, all the same, with tiny illegible and truncated script
          underneath.

          > I used Easy FTP

          Don't know that one, it may even be good. For myself I have not found
          anything to beat Totalcommander for all basic tasks including FTP. The
          trial version is fully functional except for one nag-screen on startup.
          I can't use any computer efficiently without that one.

          Axel
        • xmarti3
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 14, 2007

            > xmarti3 wrote:
            > > If all this makes sense to you.
            >
            > Not overly much, no, sorry. Two more hints, as you say "icon":
            > In Windows windows (yes, I know, but I didn't choose the name) always
            > choose "show details" for view. >>
            NO, i am saying the window in Easy FTP, and i see no way to change
            that in that program. Will say though that Easy FTP was easy! And
            while I did think that was poor having the too small of window to read
            my files, but then.. it was FREE.

            In a folder of mostly HTML or mostly
            > textfiles or similar there are few things more ridiculous than huge
            > icons, all the same, with tiny illegible and truncated script
            > underneath.

            Well, when I save my files to a folder while in NoteTab Light, it
            automatically saves the files using browser ID type icons..maybe there
            is another way to set that?

            > > I used Easy FTP
            >
            > Don't know that one, it may even be good. For myself I have not found
            > anything to beat Totalcommander for all basic tasks including FTP. The
            > trial version is fully functional except for one nag-screen on startup.
            > I can't use any computer efficiently without that one.
            >
            > Axel

            Thanks for the info, one day i may actually invest in an FTP, but too,
            I think of upgrading my NoteTab Light.

            Laura
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 15, 2007
              xmarti3 wrote:
              > NoteTab Light, it automatically saves the files using
              > browser ID type icons..maybe there is another way to set that?

              Notetab does nothing. The icon is chosen by the operation system solely
              based on the file's extension. But whenever you look at the contents of
              any folder, icons are not what you want to see. As I said, right click
              into the folder background and "view -> details".

              Axel
            • frank
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 15, 2007
                hello all,

                I would remind any who are including FTP into their process to choose
                one that can be operated from a command, and that can have many
                different profiles [presets].

                with NoteTab you can build a clip that will FTP your file to whatever
                directory your preset specifies. when you finish working on your
                source code you can just click the clip and it will FTP. no need to
                even open the FTP client. it just happens in the background. and while
                that is working you can continue working in NoteTab on another file.
                saves me alotta time.

                regards,

                tf
                http://www.thefrank.com
                http://www.icosagame.com
              • xmarti3
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 15, 2007
                  Thankyou Axel, I found how to see the file ext. In win 2000, you go to
                  Tools and then Folder options. I can have it appear in the address
                  bar. Found the answer in my handy dandy windows 2000 'teach yourself'
                  book.
                  Laura

                  > xmarti3 wrote:
                  > > NoteTab Light, it automatically saves the files using
                  > > browser ID type icons..maybe there is another way to set that?
                  >
                  > Notetab does nothing. The icon is chosen by the operation system solely
                  > based on the file's extension. But whenever you look at the contents of
                  > any folder, icons are not what you want to see. As I said, right click
                  > into the folder background and "view -> details".
                  >
                  > Axel

                • xmarti3
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 15, 2007
                    Is that a feature in NoteTab standard edition or do I gotta go pro to
                    get that feature?
                    Laura

                    --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, "frank" <tf@...> wrote:

                    > hello all,
                    >
                    > I would remind any who are including FTP into their process to choose
                    > one that can be operated from a command, and that can have many
                    > different profiles [presets].
                    >
                    > with NoteTab you can build a clip that will FTP your file to whatever
                    > directory your preset specifies. when you finish working on your
                    > source code you can just click the clip and it will FTP. no need to
                    > even open the FTP client. it just happens in the background. and while
                    > that is working you can continue working in NoteTab on another file.
                    > saves me alotta time.
                    >
                    > regards,
                    >
                    > tf
                    > http://www.thefrank.com
                    > http://www.icosagame.com

                  • frank
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 16, 2007
                      Hi Laura

                      I use NTP [Pro] and cannot comment regarding NTS [Standard] features.
                      There are however many group members who are familiar with NTS and
                      should be able to answer your question accurately.

                      regards,

                      tf
                      http://www.thefrank.com
                      http://www.icosagame.com
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 16, 2007
                        frank wrote:
                        > I use NTP [Pro]

                        NTP is so bloody cheap, that when getting i could not see the point of
                        buying anything less - especially since tho pro functions are the ones
                        really worth having.