Re: [NH] Crediting a Photograph

  • bruce.somers@web.de
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 2, 2007
      loro-spam01-@... wrote

      > If you want everything to *look* exactly the same in every
      > existing browser, then it's questionable if there is any
      > point at all in using CSS.

      I would have expected CSS to AID one in "making everything look exactly the same in every existing browser."

      That it does not, makes it nearly useless, or at the least terribly irritating.

      Bruce
    • Corl DeLuna
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 2, 2007
        Hi Bruce,

        Yes, CSS can be terribly irritating, but not useless. Browse a few examples
        of CSS in action to see what I mean: http://www.cssplay.co.uk/ and
        http://www.csszengarden.com/ and consider
        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/reset/ to take most of the CSS blues away.

        Best,
        Corl

        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 2, 2007
          bruce.somers@... wrote:
          >I would have expected CSS to AID one in "making everything look exactly
          >the same in every existing browser."

          That's a tall order if CSS isn't supported or disabled. Just joking you! ;-)
          I was objecting the use of HTML to make things look pretty in old browsers
          that can't handle the CSS. Likewise I see nothing wrong in adding some
          fancy CSS fluff that maybe can't be seen in IE. It hurts no one. After all,
          CSS is supposed to be optional.