RE: [NH] advice on good design wanted

  • Corl DeLuna
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2007
      Hi Alex,

      You might want to look at this article
      http://www.netmechanic.com/news/vol4/accessibility_no17.htm It's a few years
      old but that might be perfect since as you've said, "write your code as
      backwards compatible as possible."

      I use CSS for layout, not out of principle, but because that was the thing
      to do when I started to learn this maddening craft. I've been using the <a
      href="#navigation">Skip to navigation links or content</a> technique for a
      long time and just style as display: none.

      I'm learning tables now for data presentation and found part 1 a real eye
      opener http://www.netmechanic.com/news/vol4/accessibility_no16.htm

      http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_qdr=all&q=web+accessibility+tables
      brought up this and many other interesting articles on the subject.

      As a side note here is insightful article
      http://www.andybudd.com/archives/2004/05/an_objective_look_at_table_based_vs
      _css_based_design/index.php

      Best,
      Corl