Re: [NH] Counter-

  • James Ruby
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 28, 2000
      If your server supports the <accounter> tag you can do it like this:

      <counter files=filename.exe>"
      You can have this hidden too as there is lots of<counter> options.

      You can also use it like:

      <counter file=http://www.system.com/yourdirectory/anotherdirectory/yourfile.extention>

      I hope this helps.

      On Fri, 28 Jul 2000 16:48:08 -0500, Jody wrote:

      >Hi phil,
      >
      >> I am looking for a counter that will keep track of how many
      >> people DOWNLOAD a particular file from my site.
      >
      >The simple way, although perfect is have a counter on a page with
      >the download. On your description page put something like
      >Download here. Direct that to the page containing the counter
      >and the download link. You are not guaranteed they downloaded
      >it, but most likely they will if they have gone that far.
      >
      >Happy HTML'n!
      >Jody
      >
      >http://www.sureword.com/notetab
      >
      >The NoteTab and Html List...
      >mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...

    • Forrest
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 29, 2000
        >I HAVE a counter that keeps track of visitors to my site. I am offering
        >a FREE file to download and want to know if anyone is taking it.

        Assuming you're checking your counter by some means other than visiting the page with the counter on it:

        Now:
        DL link -> file

        Change to:
        DL link -> HTML page with meta-refresh link to -> file

        Put counter on the meta-refreshing page. No extra scripting necessary.