RE: [NH] My HTML or CSS is wrong.

  • Corl DeLuna
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 13, 2007
      Hello Axel, Panto?

      <chill>
      Jakob Nielsen has many great observations, but they are not the law, and
      need to be thought through and tested for specific applications.</chill>

      With Ed's site I've only gotten the behaviour you've described with a
      numberical value higher than zero.

      In theory I could see how redirects might present a back button problem in
      the normal flow of a browsing session. But when I tested this and browsed
      from site A to Ed's redirect, then redirected to his actual page, the back
      button brings me back to page A not to the redirect. I do encounter this
      problem when I use any number greater than 0 zero, and this does drive me
      crazy. But with 0 we are just not encountering the problem you are warning
      us of. Maybe this was a problem back in 1999, but time marches on.

      <test>
      Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe
      nothing just because a belief is generally held. Believe nothing just
      because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said
      to be of divine origin. Believe nothing just because someone else believes
      it. Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true. -Buddha
      </test>

      Corl

      _____