Re: [NH] Fw: failure notice

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 13 3:06 AM
      Hi Axel,

      On 12 Mar 07 20:54 Axel Berger <Axel-Berger@...> said:
      > Greg Chapman wrote:
      > > You need to find out, by other means, why your intended recipient
      > > is not picking up his mail.
      >
      > Not really. List messages go to at least hundreds of readers. As it
      > is you who's in the From: field and not yahoo groups it is you who
      > gets the message. Just ignore and delete.

      If I was being a pedant, I'd say that you haven't answered Edward's
      question. You answered a different one... "What should I do when I
      get these messages?" I still maintain that my answer was the correct
      one for the question posed.

      However, I do confess that I didn't read through all the headers and
      failed to notice that this was generated as a result of a post to a
      list, and whether it was worth doing what I suggested is a moot point.

      > N.B: Edward, please do not and never use HTML in mail or group or
      > list posts.
      > http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html_email_is_evil.shtml

      More helpful would have been the advice to how to turn it off. In
      this case it is probably not that Edward hasn't followed the advice
      given at your link (My preferred one is at
      http://www.expita.com/nomime.html) but rather that Edward has not
      changed the YahooGroup default and changed his subscription setting
      for the list to "Traditional", from the default "Fully Featured".

      To do this visit:
      signing in if necessary and then select the "Edit Membership" link
      near the top of the page. The necessary options are at the bottom of
      the page.

      Yahoo has the habit of switching subscription to "fully featured" at
      irregular intervals, so it may not be all his fault.

      Greg

      http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html