Re: [NH] My HTML or CSS is wrong.-- NoteTab Browser

  • Edward
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 12, 2007
      Axel,
      Actually what I am calling the NoteTab browser is on the far right of what I assume is the tool bar across the top of the page. There are two little blue globes with a lighter blue center with a tiny red bar or handle sticking out. The first one utilizes IE to look at the web page that you are working on. The second uses your other browser, but I never could get it working so I just use the first one to look at my web page. It would be handy to be able to look at it with FireFox and IE. For me IE works and when I get it up I look at it using FireFox and Opera to see if they can read and show it as I intended when I wrote it.
      Ed
      What's that? Something good I've not found yet?

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 12, 2007
        Edward wrote:
        > The second uses your other browser, but I never could get it
        > working so I just use the first one to look at my web page. It
        > would be handy to be able to look at it with FireFox and IE.

        Ah, here I can help, with the advice I got here in this list in the
        first place. I deleted those two icons from the main toolbar and added
        these to my HTML.clb:

        H="Netscape"
        ^!Url [Netscape] ^**

        H="Firefox"
        ^!Url [Firefox] ^**

        H="IExplorer"
        ^!Url [IExplore] ^**

        H="Opera"
        ^!Url [Opera] ^**

        To make these work, this is my Browsers.dat in NoteTab's home directory:

        [IExplore]
        Command=iexplore.exe -nohome
        UseDDE=1
        Application=IExplore
        DdeCommand=
        DdeExec="%1",,-1,0,,,,
        Topic=WWW_OpenURL
        Application_New=
        DdeExec_New=
        Topic_New=

        [Opera]
        Command=Opera.exe
        UseDDE=1
        Application=Opera
        DdeCommand=
        DdeExec="%1",,-1,0,,,,
        Topic=WWW_OpenURL
        Application_New=
        DdeExec_New=
        Topic_New=

        [Firefox]
        Command=firefox.exe
        UseDDE=0
        Application=Mozilla
        DdeCommand=
        DdeExec="%1",,-1,0,,,,
        Topic=WWW_OpenURL
        Application_New=
        DdeExec_New=
        Topic_New=

        [Netscape]
        Command=netscape.exe
        UseDDE=1
        Application=Netscape
        DdeCommand=
        DdeExec="%1",,-1,0,,,,
        Topic=WWW_OpenURL
        Application_New=
        DdeExec_New=
        Topic_New=

        Note that I use it with just the name after "Command:". You could write
        a full path there. You need not do that if your registry contains the
        following (adjusting paths to you machine of course)(fix linebreaks,
        save as path.reg and doubleclick):
        N.B: Most if not all those entries will already be there, I only had to
        add one.

        REGEDIT4

        [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths]

        [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
        Paths\IEXPLORE.EXE]
        @="E:\\W98-Prog\\INTERN~1\\iexplore.exe"
        "Path"="E:\\W98-Prog\\INTERN~1\\;"

        [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
        Paths\Netscape.exe]
        @="F:\\NETSCAPE\\PROGRAM\\NETSCAPE.EXE"
        "Path"="F:\\NETSCAPE\\PROGRAM"

        [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
        Paths\firefox.exe]
        @="F:\\Winprog\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe"
        "Path"="F:\\Winprog\\Mozilla Firefox\\"

        [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
        Paths\opera.exe]
        @="F:\\Winprog\\Opera\\opera.exe"
        "Path"="F:\\Winprog\\Opera\\"

        For useability I included them in my personal toolbar MyClips.ctb as:

        "HTML","Netscape","Netscape.bmp"
        "HTML","Firefox","Firefox.bmp"
        "HTML","IExplorer","IExplorer.bmp"
        "HTML","Opera","Opera.bmp"

        I got those bitmaps by opening the folder where the programs reside in
        (my default) "show details" mode and doing a screenshot. With a graphics
        program, Irfanview, I cut out the little icons next to the program file
        to a size of 18x18 pixels. (I got that from looking at the other icons
        already provided in Library). Works great! Now all I need to do is find
        some more browsers to do more comprehenhsive testing.

        Axel
      • Edward
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 13, 2007
          Axel,
          Thanks, again. Does this work with NoteTab 4.95/np (full version)? About two ago when I was designing web pages I became burnt out dropping that work altogether and then new version of NoteTab came out and since I was no longer doing that work I did not get it. Now I have decided to put my old web page up and clean up my genealogy page. I have just been too heavy into photography and have forgotten so much. We were fighting the battle of trying to get those buttons to work when I dropped out of sight. Now I see it has been accomplished.

          Just for fun and because it is so old much of it was written using HTML 4.01 so I am putting the page up HTML 4.01 traditional. You can see how old it is. I had been doing the newer web pages (OP's) in XHTML transitional. When I get it up and running I will bring it up to date. I was fighting the battle of quiting tables and using boxes when I left. Sure will miss Jodie. I see a lot of new people on all the groups now. Good that means we are growing.
          Ed

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 13, 2007
            Edward wrote:
            > Does this work with NoteTab 4.95/np (full version)?

            Sorry, I've no idea. I'm too new here to anything but 5.1.
            But may I suggest just getting the current version anyway?
            NoteTab is so cheap, it really doesn't warrant thinking twice about.
            Also contrary to Microsoft and Netscape it doesn't get worse and buggier
            with every new version out, which is why I stick to the oldies from
            those two.