Counter

  • phil
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2000
      I have a file on my web site that is downloadable. I would like to know
      how many people have actually downloaded it. ZDNet keeps track of
      how many times their stuff is downloaded.

      Does anyone in this group know where such a counter is available? Cheap?
      Free?

      Phil E.
    • Cees Schouten
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 28, 2000
        Hello phil,

        Friday, July 28, 2000, 9:47:50 PM, you wrote:

        p> I have a file on my web site that is downloadable. I would like to know
        p> how many people have actually downloaded it. ZDNet keeps track of
        p> how many times their stuff is downloaded.

        p> Does anyone in this group know where such a counter is available? Cheap?
        p> Free?

        Of course I do know that. ;-)
        On the site you can see in my sign-off there's a free tracker you can
        register for at http://www.extreme-dm.com/tracking/?reg and if you have a
        webserver up and running, you can download all sorts of free trackers you can
        use in your cgi-bin directory. You can see one active on my personal site at
        http://dierhulp.nb.nu/~wpp/.
        You name it: it's out there on the web. ;-)

        -=/ Cees /=-
        http://dierhulp.nb.nu/

        Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.