Re: Stuck URLs

  • Caitlin
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 27, 2000
      The "cherryrendezvous.html" was only an example to illustrate what I
      think is a repeat problem. The problem is that on the page
      http://www.whitewatervoyages.com/planning/planning.html, the link for
      "Directions to Your Rendezvous Point" should go to
      http://www.whitewatervoyages.com/directions/directionsindex.html when
      it currently goes to ../directions/directions.html. I suspect that it
      is a cache problem of some kind, because, as illustrated in my
      example, the page WILL work if the name is changed. Does that make
      sense?

      Thanks!

      Caitlin

      --- In ntb-html@egroups.com, "Harvey R. Savage" <hsavage@s...> wrote:
      > Hello Caitlin,
      >
      > If I understand what you're saying I may see a problem.
      >
      > If you are clicking on the link that says "Directions to your
      > rendezvous point."
      > and you want the link to go to this page,
      >
      > http://www.whitewatervoyages.com/caitlin/cherryrendezvous.html
      >
      > then you need to change the html code in the file- planning.html
      > -to reflect the above link. As it is on the site now that link
      > still refers to -
      >
      > http://www.whitewatervoyages.com/directions/directions.html
      >
      > There may be something I'm not understanding but that looks like
      > a minor problem.
      >
      > hrs

    • David L Hansen
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 27, 2000
        Caitlin,

        I think I have found the problem.

        Using Notetab on the page you are speaking of, do a search on this
        ../directions/directions.html

        I believe this code should be ../directions/directionsindex.html

        You did change the link in the column on the left, but not in the main white
        area.

        David L Hansen
        dhansen@...
        630.963.6849
        All of your computing needs!
        http://www.handtech.com/thc
        Start your own Computer Consulting Business
        http://www.handteam.com/thc

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 27, 2000
          Hello,

          The page "planning.html" has 2 links that appear to have the same
          destination, that is
          "http://www.whitewatervoyages.com/directions/directionsindex.html".

          The left column link, the one in small print, in the file
          "planning.html" for "Directions to Your Rendezvous Point" is
          correct and works as one would expect, at least it takes you to a
          link
          "http://www.whitewatervoyages.com/directions/directionsindex.html".

          The second link, the right column link, which I assume should go
          to the same link as above is still in error. It is still
          directing the browser to
          "http://www.whitewatervoyages.com/directions/directions.html".

          The second link is in the form - <a
          href="../directions/directions.html">Directions to Your
          Rendezvous Point</a></li>. This is the link that stands out
          because of the larger print in the right column.

          hrs

          --
          ¿? Harvey R. Savage
          ¿? 40 Golf Course Road
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 27, 2000
            Oh my! I am embarrassed! In my obssessive thorough-ness I wasn't
            thorough at all! Thank you for correcting my silly mistake.

            Caitlin

            --- In ntb-html@egroups.com, "David L Hansen" <dhansen@f...> wrote:
            > Caitlin,
            >
            > I think I have found the problem.
            >
            > Using Notetab on the page you are speaking of, do a search on this
            > ../directions/directions.html
            >
            > I believe this code should be ../directions/directionsindex.html
            >
            > You did change the link in the column on the left, but not in the
            main white
            > area.

            > David L Hansen
            > dhansen@f...
            > 630.963.6849
            > All of your computing needs!
            > http://www.handtech.com/thc
            > Start your own Computer Consulting Business
            > http://www.handteam.com/thc

          • phil
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 27, 2000
              Caitlin,

              Don't feel too bad, I have been struggling since yesterday with a file that
              refused to DOWNLOAD from my site. Your problem, and Davids answer, got my
              download problem fixed. I made virtually the same mistake.

              Thanks for having your problem, and fixing mine.

              Phil E.