Re: [NH] CSS: inline and align

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9, 2007
      Cary Driscoll wrote:
      > <h1 style="float:left">Left Header</h1>

      I feel completely stupid now. I tried float before, didn't work,
      concluded it could only be used with imagaes and tables etc., didn't
      bother to try the obvious again.

      One slight niggle. It doesn't bother me here but might in other cases:
      The baseline of the letters is not on the same height and vertical-align
      does nothing. On another page and in desperation I used absolute
      positioning, and there it did:

      <UL STYLE="position:relative; width:28em">
      <LI>
      <H3><A HREF="Zahlen.htm">Leere Worte und Pseudozahlen</A>
      <SPAN STYLE="vertical-align:baseline; position:absolute;
      right:1em"><SMALL>
      (<? echo date("y-m-d", filectime("Zahlen.htm")); ?>)
      </SMALL></SPAN></H3>

      Without the vertical-align <H3> and <SMALL> would look out of line.

      Danke