is there any clips to help create cookie code

  • James Ruby
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 25, 2000

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 28, 2000
        Hi James,

        You might check at Cut 'n Paste Javascript or somewhere else that
        has ready made scripts.

        >> Is there any clips to help create cookies in html?
        >>
        >> What I am after is a site with that can offer two to three
        >> different selection of colors or a site where one can pick and
        >> choose what color they want the background forground etc and
        >> when they come back there selections will be what the selected.

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab and Html List...
        mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
      • Grant
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 31, 2000
          > Is there any clips to help create cookies in html?
          he following clip create a cookie with 3 values which can be individually
          returned with an index value i: getCookieValue(i) ;see example html
          The cookie expires in a years time

          H=cookieCreator
          ;place cursor in script block
          ^!SetListDelimiter ,
          ^!setArray %expireDate%=^$GetDate(yyyy,mm,dd,hh,mm,ss)$
          ^!inc %expireDate1%
          ^!dec %expireDate2%
          ^!set %name%=^?{name=test}
          ^!set %i%=^$StrSize(^%name%)$
          ^!inc:%i%
          function setCookie()
          {
          var cookieName = "^%name%";
          var cookieValue0 = escape("^?{value0=this}");
          var cookieValue1 = escape("^?{value1=that}");
          var cookieValue2 = escape("^?{value2=those}");
          /*Expires set to a years time*/
          var expires = new Date(^%expireDate%)
          var mix = ""
          mix += cookieName
          mix += "="
          mix += cookieValue0
          mix += "|"
          mix += cookieValue1
          mix += "|"
          mix += cookieValue2
          mix += "; expires = "
          mix += expires.toGMTString()
          document.cookie = mix
          }
          ;

          function getCookieValue(i)
          {
          var values = unescape(document.cookie);
          values = values.substr(^%i%,document.cookie.length)
          arrValue = values.split("|")
          return arrValue[i];
          }
          ;*******clip end*******

          Place cursor in html script block and run clip

          results example of How to use in html ; Tis just an example of how to set
          and retrieve cookie values
          and not a realworld example as you would most likely set
          cookieValue0,cookieValue1 etc; with a forms input controls.

          <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
          <head>
          <title>Cookie Time</title>
          <script type="text/javascript">
          function setCookie()
          {
          var cookieName = "test";
          var cookieValue0 = escape("this");
          var cookieValue1 = escape("that");
          var cookieValue2 = escape("those");
          /*Expires set to a years time*/
          var expires = new Date(2001,7,01,10,48,42)
          var mix = ""
          mix += cookieName
          mix += "="
          mix += cookieValue0
          mix += "|"
          mix += cookieValue1
          mix += "|"
          mix += cookieValue2
          mix += "; expires = "
          mix += expires.toGMTString()
          document.cookie = mix
          }

          function getCookieValue(i)
          {
          var values = unescape(document.cookie);
          values = values.substr(5,document.cookie.length)
          arrValue = values.split("|")
          return arrValue[i];
          }
          </script>
          </head>
          <form>
          <input type="button" value="set" onclick="setCookie()" />
          <input type="button" value="get0" onclick="alert(getCookieValue(0))" />
          <input type="button" value="get1" onclick="alert(getCookieValue(1))" />
          <input type="button" value="get2" onclick="alert(getCookieValue(2))" />
          </form>

          Hope this helps.
        • Grant
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 31, 2000
            To avoid wrath of J I've replied on this list.
            Reply to Richard request from basic list

            Richard said
            > Sorry if this is a question for the clips list or the HTML list, but
            > I'm a new NoteTab user and I have what I hope is a simple question.
            >
            > When I edit an HTML file, the standard format for my site is that the
            > last line before the </body></html> tags is a "Last modified:" line
            > with the current date. My question is, can I (with clips or any other
            > way) set things up so that when I save the file, the date gets
            > automatically updated?

            Open the html doc in Notetab
            Run this clip once only.
            It will insert A simple piece of javascript that will do the trick.

            H=lastModified
            ^!Find "</body" CIWS
            ^!Jump SELECT_START
            ^%NL%<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
            </script>^%NL%
            ^!Save
          • Richard S. Smith
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 1, 2000
              Grant, that's a clever and elegant solution. Thanks. Unfortunately
              it won't work for me because I have to support multiple browsers
              including Lynx, so relying upon JavaScript behavior is a non-starter.

              So, I'm back to my original question, which is, can I "hook" a menu
              event like File->Save and "bind" a Clip to it? It's looking more and
              more like the answer is "No", so I guess I'll just write the Clip to
              do the text substitution and then instruct my users to manually run
              the clip when they need to save.

              I'm a tad disappointed that I can't make it into a passive, automated
              process, though. I guess I'm spoiled by Emacs, which allows you to
              bind code just about anywhere. But if NT-Emacs weren't so unfriendly
              to novice users, I wouldn't be using NoteTab, now would I? :-)

              Thanks again for the help.

              emerge@... (Grant) wrote:
              > Richard said
              > > Sorry if this is a question for the clips list or the HTML list, but
              > > I'm a new NoteTab user and I have what I hope is a simple question.
              > >
              > > When I edit an HTML file, the standard format for my site is that the
              > > last line before the </body></html> tags is a "Last modified:" line
              > > with the current date. My question is, can I (with clips or any other
              > > way) set things up so that when I save the file, the date gets
              > > automatically updated?
              >
              > Open the html doc in Notetab
              > Run this clip once only.
              > It will insert A simple piece of javascript that will do the trick.
              >
              > H=lastModified
              > ^!Find "</body" CIWS
              > ^!Jump SELECT_START
              > ^%NL%<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
              > </script>^%NL%
              > ^!Save

              Richard S. Smith / Email: rss@... / Web: http://www.idiom.com/~rss
            • Larry Hamilton
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 1, 2000
                Hi Richard,

                On Tue, 1 Aug 2000 02:30:46 -0700, ntb-html@egroups.com wrote:
                >Grant, that's a clever and elegant solution. Thanks. Unfortunately
                >it won't work for me because I have to support multiple browsers
                >including Lynx, so relying upon JavaScript behavior is a
                non-starter.

                Here are two clips I use. One I made to change the last updated date
                for all open documents, you may need to tweak for the way you need it
                to work. The other clip is for updating only one document. If it is a
                new document, you can use a template with the code, or use the HTML
                clip library, which includes that information.

                If you are only saving the date, you could create a clip library with
                an on Open event, so that when the clip is selected it would find the
                open htm/html documents that you have open for editing, and update
                the dates.

                ______[Copy below this line]_______
                H="Find Last Updated-All Docs"
                ;Larry Hamilton, Jr. <lm_hamilton@...>
                ;08/01/2000, 07:55:31 AM
                ^!Set %COUNTER%=0
                ^!Set %DocCount%=^$GetDocCount$
                ^!StatusClose
                ^!StatusShow Updating "Last Updated"
                :LOOP
                ^!Inc:%COUNTER%
                ^!SetDocIndex ^%COUNTER%

                ^!IF ^%COUNTER% > ^%DocCount% END ELSE NEXT
                ^!Open ^$GetDocName(^%COUNTER%)$
                ^!Find "Last updated " GW
                ;^!Find "<B>" IS
                ^!IfError End