Re: [NTB] Jody passed away last night...

  • Scott Fordin
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 28, 2007
      While Eric is the heart and brain behind the Fookes line,
      Jody was the soul of the Notetab community. So many times,
      when people ask me about one of the most useful software
      tools around, Notetab Pro, I invariably talk about the
      Notetab community. Besides the technical excellence of the
      software, it is the community that truly sets Notetab apart
      -- making it not just a tool, but a place where supportive,
      inquisitive minds have been meeting for years. Jody was the
      soul that kept this community on track, focused, sympathetic,
      respectful, responsive, helpful, and remarkably active.

      As much as many of us were helped by Jody over the years and
      will very much miss his kind spirit, our pain at his loss has
      to pale against the pain you must be feeling, Eric, at the
      loss of your friend and colleague, and the pain Jody's family
      must be feeling right now. I am so sorry for your and their
      loss. Peace be with you and with Jody's family.

      Scott
    • Eric Fookes
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2007
        Hi everyone,

        Thanks for all the kind messages concerning Jody. His wife, Doreen, just
        sent the following details about the funeral:

        **********************
        Jody's funeral will be held next Wednesday, March 7 at 12 noon at Lewis
        Funeral Home in Milton on Hwy. 90. The burial will be at Barrancas
        Cemetery in Pensacola at 2 pm. On Tuesday, March 6, the funeral home
        will be open for visitors from 6-8 pm.
        **********************

        Sadly, I will not be able to attend the event due to visa issues.
        Perhaps one of you lives nearby and would like to attend the funeral?

        Eric Fookes
        http://www.fookes.com/
      • Eric Fookes
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 2, 2007
          Hi everyone,

          Here is the home address of Jody's wife if you want to send a card or
          something else:

          Mrs. Doreen Adair
          10535 Pinewood Lane
          Milton, FL 32583
          USA

          Eric Fookes
          http://www.fookes.com/
        • Eric Fookes
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 6, 2007
            Hi everyone,

            Here is the email address of Jody's wife if you want to write her a
            message: Doreen Adair <w8n4him@...>

            Spelling it out the address is w8n4him at earthlink dot net.

            And here is a copy of Jody's obituary:
            http://www.fookes.com/Jody_obituary.php

            Eric Fookes
            http://www.fookes.com/