Jody passed away last night...

  • Eric Fookes
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 28, 2007
      Hi everyone,

      I am sad to announce that Jody passed away last night at around 2 am
      (Florida time). Jody was a very good friend and he will be greatly
      missed. I am happy though that he's no longer suffering and I believe he
      is now with the Lord.

      The very first message I received from Jody was on May 10, 1997. Since
      then there has been a flood of emails between us that never stopped
      until end of January 2007 when he was rushed to hospital.

      Looking through my email archives I found that Jody started the first
      NoteTab mailing list in October 1997. He started handling some NoteTab
      sales (checks, money orders) in spring 1998 and officially became a
      member of the Fookes Software team. Then around November 1998, Jody
      started handling NoteTab customer support and has done so faithfully for
      all Fookes Software titles until last month.

      I only met Jody once in person. That was in July 2000 when I invited him
      to join me at the Shareware Industry Conference in Tampa. NoteTab Light
      was announced the winner of the 2000 "Shareware Industry Awards" in the
      Best Application category during that event. It was thrilling to
      celebrate the award together. Unfortunately, I haven't had the
      opportunity to return to the USA since then.

      Fookes Software won't be quite the same anymore without Jody.

      Eric Fookes
      http://www.fookes.com/
    • Scott Fordin
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 28, 2007
        While Eric is the heart and brain behind the Fookes line,
        Jody was the soul of the Notetab community. So many times,
        when people ask me about one of the most useful software
        tools around, Notetab Pro, I invariably talk about the
        Notetab community. Besides the technical excellence of the
        software, it is the community that truly sets Notetab apart
        -- making it not just a tool, but a place where supportive,
        inquisitive minds have been meeting for years. Jody was the
        soul that kept this community on track, focused, sympathetic,
        respectful, responsive, helpful, and remarkably active.

        As much as many of us were helped by Jody over the years and
        will very much miss his kind spirit, our pain at his loss has
        to pale against the pain you must be feeling, Eric, at the
        loss of your friend and colleague, and the pain Jody's family
        must be feeling right now. I am so sorry for your and their
        loss. Peace be with you and with Jody's family.

        Scott
      • Eric Fookes
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 1, 2007
          Hi everyone,

          Thanks for all the kind messages concerning Jody. His wife, Doreen, just
          sent the following details about the funeral:

          **********************
          Jody's funeral will be held next Wednesday, March 7 at 12 noon at Lewis
          Funeral Home in Milton on Hwy. 90. The burial will be at Barrancas
          Cemetery in Pensacola at 2 pm. On Tuesday, March 6, the funeral home
          will be open for visitors from 6-8 pm.
          **********************

          Sadly, I will not be able to attend the event due to visa issues.
          Perhaps one of you lives nearby and would like to attend the funeral?

          Eric Fookes
          http://www.fookes.com/
        • Eric Fookes
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 2, 2007
            Hi everyone,

            Here is the home address of Jody's wife if you want to send a card or
            something else:

            Mrs. Doreen Adair
            10535 Pinewood Lane
            Milton, FL 32583
            USA

            Eric Fookes
            http://www.fookes.com/
          • Eric Fookes
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 6, 2007
              Hi everyone,

              Here is the email address of Jody's wife if you want to write her a
              message: Doreen Adair <w8n4him@...>

              Spelling it out the address is w8n4him at earthlink dot net.

              And here is a copy of Jody's obituary:
              http://www.fookes.com/Jody_obituary.php

              Eric Fookes
              http://www.fookes.com/