Re: [NTB] Jody is in hospital

  • Eric Fookes
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 23, 2007
      Hi everyone,

      Here's the latest news from Jody's wife:

      I stayed with Jody all day yesterday, and all he did was sleep. I just
      called the hospice this morning and they said he slept all night, too.
      If he continues sleeping, it will signal that he is much closer to
      passing on.
      Yesterday, he woke up just long enough to have one bite of food, but
      spit it out after a minute. He is drinking very little liquids now, too.
      Hospice will not interfere with force feeding him(such as a tube), since
      he is terminal. He sleeps well, so I believe he is at least out of pain.
      He is ready to meet the Lord, and will be happy when that day comes.

      Eric Fookes
      http://www.fookes.com/
    • Eric Fookes
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 28, 2007
        Hi everyone,

        I am sad to announce that Jody passed away last night at around 2 am
        (Florida time). Jody was a very good friend and he will be greatly
        missed. I am happy though that he's no longer suffering and I believe he
        is now with the Lord.

        The very first message I received from Jody was on May 10, 1997. Since
        then there has been a flood of emails between us that never stopped
        until end of January 2007 when he was rushed to hospital.

        Looking through my email archives I found that Jody started the first
        NoteTab mailing list in October 1997. He started handling some NoteTab
        sales (checks, money orders) in spring 1998 and officially became a
        member of the Fookes Software team. Then around November 1998, Jody
        started handling NoteTab customer support and has done so faithfully for
        all Fookes Software titles until last month.

        I only met Jody once in person. That was in July 2000 when I invited him
        to join me at the Shareware Industry Conference in Tampa. NoteTab Light
        was announced the winner of the 2000 "Shareware Industry Awards" in the
        Best Application category during that event. It was thrilling to
        celebrate the award together. Unfortunately, I haven't had the
        opportunity to return to the USA since then.

        Fookes Software won't be quite the same anymore without Jody.

        Eric Fookes
        http://www.fookes.com/
      • Scott Fordin
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 28, 2007
          While Eric is the heart and brain behind the Fookes line,
          Jody was the soul of the Notetab community. So many times,
          when people ask me about one of the most useful software
          tools around, Notetab Pro, I invariably talk about the
          Notetab community. Besides the technical excellence of the
          software, it is the community that truly sets Notetab apart
          -- making it not just a tool, but a place where supportive,
          inquisitive minds have been meeting for years. Jody was the
          soul that kept this community on track, focused, sympathetic,
          respectful, responsive, helpful, and remarkably active.

          As much as many of us were helped by Jody over the years and
          will very much miss his kind spirit, our pain at his loss has
          to pale against the pain you must be feeling, Eric, at the
          loss of your friend and colleague, and the pain Jody's family
          must be feeling right now. I am so sorry for your and their
          loss. Peace be with you and with Jody's family.

          Scott
        • Eric Fookes
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 1, 2007
            Hi everyone,

            Thanks for all the kind messages concerning Jody. His wife, Doreen, just
            sent the following details about the funeral:

            **********************
            Jody's funeral will be held next Wednesday, March 7 at 12 noon at Lewis
            Funeral Home in Milton on Hwy. 90. The burial will be at Barrancas
            Cemetery in Pensacola at 2 pm. On Tuesday, March 6, the funeral home
            will be open for visitors from 6-8 pm.
            **********************

            Sadly, I will not be able to attend the event due to visa issues.
            Perhaps one of you lives nearby and would like to attend the funeral?

            Eric Fookes
            http://www.fookes.com/
          • Eric Fookes
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 2, 2007
              Hi everyone,

              Here is the home address of Jody's wife if you want to send a card or
              something else:

              Mrs. Doreen Adair
              10535 Pinewood Lane
              Milton, FL 32583
              USA

              Eric Fookes
              http://www.fookes.com/
            • Eric Fookes
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 6, 2007
                Hi everyone,

                Here is the email address of Jody's wife if you want to write her a
                message: Doreen Adair <w8n4him@...>

                Spelling it out the address is w8n4him at earthlink dot net.

                And here is a copy of Jody's obituary:
                http://www.fookes.com/Jody_obituary.php

                Eric Fookes
                http://www.fookes.com/