Re: [NH] image load times and height/width specified in HTML

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 20, 2007
      Jeff Scism wrote:
      > Go with EzThumbs, it does a wonderful job of creating thumbnails and is
      > free from the fine folks at Fookes Software...

      totally agree - EZ Thumbnails is a great little program

      people are correct -- resizing does take time for the processor, but
      such an insignificant amount that it isn't of any concern -- it can also
      affect quality, but again insignificantly in most cases

      the only advantage of giving them the whole 50K file when they could be
      using a much smaller file sized thumbnail is that it is then essentially
      preloaded ... but if you are doing that for five images and they aren't
      necessarily going to look at all of them ... you are wasting bandwidth
      which means time for them and expense for you or your isp and that
      eventually drives the cost up. Wasted bandwidth is a bad thing -- even
      if the rest of the world doesn't understand that.
    • sisterscape
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 20, 2007
        --- "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...> wrote:

        > Jeff Scism wrote:
        >
        > totally agree - EZ Thumbnails is a great little program

        I also put a vote in for EZ Thumbnails. Absolutely LOVE it.

        Yahoo! Music Unlimited
        Access over 1 million songs.
        http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited
      • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 20, 2007
          At 12:13 PM 2/20/2007 , you wrote:
          >--- "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Jeff Scism wrote:>
          > > totally agree - EZ Thumbnails is a great little program.
          >
          >I also put a vote in for EZ Thumbnails. Absolutely LOVE it.

          Thanks to everyone for their input.

          I use <http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm>FastStone Image Viewer
          to generate thumbnails and resize my pics.
          I have found it to be more robust and flexible than most thumbnail generators.
          And, it does, much, much more - all for the low, low price of freeware.

          -Mike

          Check it out:
          www.EpicRoadTrips.us

          ~~~