Re: [NH] Validators

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 17, 2007
      Corl DeLuna wrote:
      >I see CSE HTML Validator Lite promoted is this group all the time, but not
      >Igor Podlubny's Off-line HTML Validator clipbook for NoteTab
      >http://www.tuke.sk/podlubny/ov.html
      >
      >Both are free, but the clip is made to be used within NT. Is there a reason
      >that I should use the CSE program over the clip?

      Not if you want a validator which CSE is not. It just likes to call itself
      that. It's really a "lint".

      The line in the footer is just advertising. If you want to support Notetab
      and the lists, rather buy another copy of Notetab from Jody and give it to
      someone you like. :-)

      Lotta
    • John Zeman
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 18, 2007
        --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, "John Mitchell" <notetab@...> wrote:

        > I'd also be interested in users opinions about CSE HTML Validator 8.x
        > vs. 7.x. There is a discounted upgrade offer in play at the moment so
        > I'm considering whether there is enough of a difference to make it worth
        > spending an extra $23 or so.
        >
        > Regards, John M

        John I've been a registered user of CSE HTML Validator Pro since 2001
        and have purchased every major upgrade to it since then including V8.
        While I wouldn't be without the program I have to admit V8 is likely
        the last upgrade I'll make. I didn't see much added to V8 over V7
        (although V7 was well worth the upgrade price IMO) and it's appearing
        to me the product is reaching the end of its life cycle. At the very
        least I plan to skip the next major upgrade or two.

        There's only so much any validator can do and IMHO CSE does its job
        very well. I just don't see where there's much left that can be added
        to the program to make it worth the price of a major upgrade once a
        year or so.

        John
      • Corl DeLuna
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 18, 2007
          Hi Lotta,

          I hadn't recognized that as an advertisement because it's only a link to a
          download on 5wink's private account, and it's because well... 2.5 versions
          out of date, the latest free version of CSE is 8.01. Its placement in Fookes
          footer makes it appear as a recommendation.

          Igor Podlubny's clip gives me the same results as
          <http://validator.w3.org/> http://validator.w3.org/ but it keeps my work
          private. It's good to know I'm not missing out by not using CSE.

          Thanks,
          Corl

          _____

        • carydriscoll@sbcglobal.net
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 18, 2007
            It appears to be the same link Jody put here:

            I hadn't recognized that as an advertisement...