Re: [NH] Second Window feature

  • Website Managers
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
      --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, Greg Chapman <gregchapmanuk@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Debbie,
      >
      > On 17 Jan 07 04:34 "Debbie Doerrlamm" <wkdwich@...> said:
      > > This one has bothered me for YEARS!! is there any means to make
      the
      > > second window feature horizontially set the windows as opposed to
      > > vertically.. I would love to be able to see more per line which
      > > means each window is fulls creen width as opposed to half screen
      > > width
      >
      > Not quite sure which program's facility you're referring to, but if
      > you mean the tiling of windows on your desktop, then right-click on
      an
      > empty part of the taskbar. This should produce a menu
      offering "Tile
      > Windows Horizontally". That should do the trick. Make sure that
      you
      > only have the windows open that you wish to compare. Minimise any
      > others before activating the command.
      >
      > Greg

      That will tile all the active windows: Email, browser, NTP, etc. What
      Debbie is referring to is inside NTP. On the document menu, there is
      an option for Second Window (Ctrl+Shift+W). That will tile two
      documents vertically.

      Jim
    • Debbie Doerrlamm
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
        At 07:51 AM 1/17/2007, Chris Dart said:
        >For Windows, Hold CTRL and select the windows your want to display -
        >no need to shut the others. However I think he is talking about the 2
        >windows in Notetab, this I do not know how to do but it would be useful!

        Chris
        Exactly thats what I meant.. inside NoteTab (I happen to use Pro) I
        did not think I needed to specify "inside NT" because I was posting
        this to a NT group :)

        file.txt
        blah blah blah yada yada yada
        blah blah blah yada yada yada
        blah blah blah yada yada yada
        blah blah blah yada yada yada
        blah blah blah yada yada yada
        =======================
        fileTWO.txt
        blah blah blah yada yada yada
        blah blah blah yada yada yada
        blah blah blah yada yada yada
        blah blah blah yada yada yada
        blah blah blah yada yada yada

        I don't recall the text editor I used to use before NT but that was a
        key feature that I liked and always missed here.
        Regards,
        Debbie ^v^ ^o^ //\o/\\ ^o^ ^v^ Webmaster - System Admin

        webmaster@... (AOL, CS or AIM NailGdsss - MSN Nailgodess)
        WWWeb Services, Ronkonkoma, NY
        631-981-1273 fax 631-981-7557
        http://www.beautytech.com & http://www.beautytech.INFO
        for Professionals for Consumers
        Online Correspondent NAILS Magazine http://www.nailsmag.com

      • Debbie Doerrlamm
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
          >That will tile all the active windows: Email, browser, NTP, etc. What
          >Debbie is referring to is inside NTP. On the document menu, there is
          >an option for Second Window (Ctrl+Shift+W). That will tile two
          >documents vertically.

          Jim

          Yep I know that and want to tile the windows inside NTP HORIZONTALLY
          instead of vertically

          Regards,
          Debbie ^v^ ^o^ //\o/\\ ^o^ ^v^ Webmaster - System Admin

          webmaster@... (AOL, CS or AIM NailGdsss - MSN Nailgodess)
          WWWeb Services, Ronkonkoma, NY
          631-981-1273 fax 631-981-7557
          http://www.beautytech.com & http://www.beautytech.INFO
          for Professionals for Consumers
          Online Correspondent NAILS Magazine http://www.nailsmag.com

        • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
            Chris Dart wrote:
            > For Windows, Hold CTRL and select the windows your want to display - no need to shut the others. However I think he is talking about the 2 windows in Notetab, this I do not know how to do but it would be useful!
            >

            > Chris Dart
            > Mobile: +31 652 460 610

            I presume also that you mean two windows in notetab (shift+control+w).
            The concept of tabs is always vertical I think. The only solution is
            probably two instances of notetab running at the same time and you stack
            them vertically using windows tiling.
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
              Debbie Doerrlamm wrote:
              >Yep I know that and want to tile the windows inside NTP HORIZONTALLY
              >instead of vertically

              So do we all. Sorry, can't be done.

              Lotta
            • Debbie Doerrlamm
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
                OK so how do I open a second instance of NTP??? no matter what I do
                it will not open a second.. I did manage to get Windows to tile
                horizontally 2 windows

                At 10:52 AM 1/17/2007, Don - HtmlFixIt.com said:
                >Chris Dart wrote:
                >> For Windows, Hold CTRL and select the windows your want to display -
                >no need to shut the others. However I think he is talking about the 2
                >windows in Notetab, this I do not know how to do but it would be useful!
                >>

                >> Chris Dart
                >> Mobile: +31 652 460 610
                >
                >I presume also that you mean two windows in notetab (shift+control+w).
                >The concept of tabs is always vertical I think. The only solution is
                >probably two instances of notetab running at the same time and you stack
                >them vertically using windows tiling.

                Regards,
                Debbie ^v^ ^o^ //\o/\\ ^o^ ^v^ Webmaster - System Admin

                webmaster@... (AOL, CS or AIM NailGdsss - MSN Nailgodess)
                WWWeb Services, Ronkonkoma, NY
                631-981-1273 fax 631-981-7557
                http://www.beautytech.com & http://www.beautytech.INFO
                for Professionals for Consumers
                Online Correspondent NAILS Magazine http://www.nailsmag.com

              • hsavage
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
                  Debbie Doerrlamm wrote:
                  > This one has bothered me for YEARS!! is there any means to make the
                  > second window feature horizontially set the windows as opposed to
                  > vertically.. I would love to be able to see more per line which means
                  > each window is fulls creen width as opposed to half screen width
                  >
                  > thanks

                  Debbie,

                  The best we can do in NotePro is as Don suggested, running multiple
                  instances with your choice of file in each instance, or, run one copy in
                  split-window mode. In this mode turn on wordwrap, run at, or, near full
                  screen, close the 'clip editor window and adjust the split windows to
                  the same width by positioning the canter divider.

                  I have a clip that handles most of the above using a multiple choice
                  menu. Works best if you add an icon for the clip into a personal
                  clipbar. At the following link, copy and paste it into a clipbook.

                  http://tinyurl.com/ywpg42

                  ºvº
                  2007.01.17 - 11.44.27
                  Rules guys wish girls knew...
                  "You can either ask us to do something OR
                  tell us how you want it done - but not both."
                  hrs ø hsavage@...
                • sisterscape
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
                    --- hsavage <hsavage@...> wrote:

                    > In this mode turn on wordwrap, run at, or, near full
                    > screen, close the 'clip editor window and adjust the split windows to

                    > the same width by positioning the canter divider.

                    This is how I handle working with two files at once. Adjusting the two
                    windows to equal width makes comparision very easy.

                    Have a burning question?
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
                      Debbie Doerrlamm wrote:
                      >OK so how do I open a second instance of NTP???

                      View | Options | General | Allow Multiple Instances

                      Lotta
                    • Debbie Doerrlamm
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
                        now why didn't I see that?? thanks!

                        At 03:37 PM 1/17/2007, loro said:
                        >Debbie Doerrlamm wrote:
                        >>OK so how do I open a second instance of NTP???
                        >
                        >View | Options | General | Allow Multiple Instances
                        >
                        >Lotta
                        >

                        >CSE HTML Validator Lite - it's free:
                        >http://home.earthlink.net/~5wink/dl/cselite652.exe

                        >Yahoo! Groups Links

                        Regards,
                        Debbie ^v^ ^o^ //\o/\\ ^o^ ^v^ Webmaster - System Admin

                        webmaster@... (AOL, CS or AIM NailGdsss - MSN Nailgodess)
                        WWWeb Services, Ronkonkoma, NY
                        631-981-1273 fax 631-981-7557
                        http://www.beautytech.com & http://www.beautytech.INFO
                        for Professionals for Consumers
                        Online Correspondent NAILS Magazine http://www.nailsmag.com

                      • Greg Chapman
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
                          > >View | Options | General | Allow Multiple Instances
                          > >
                          > >Lotta

                          > now why didn't I see that?? thanks!

                          See! I knew I had it right all the time! :-)

                          Greg

                          http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html