Re: [NH] Second Window feature

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
      Hi Debbie,

      On 17 Jan 07 04:34 "Debbie Doerrlamm" <wkdwich@...> said:
      > This one has bothered me for YEARS!! is there any means to make the
      > second window feature horizontially set the windows as opposed to
      > vertically.. I would love to be able to see more per line which
      > means each window is fulls creen width as opposed to half screen
      > width

      Not quite sure which program's facility you're referring to, but if
      you mean the tiling of windows on your desktop, then right-click on an
      empty part of the taskbar. This should produce a menu offering "Tile
      Windows Horizontally". That should do the trick. Make sure that you
      only have the windows open that you wish to compare. Minimise any
      others before activating the command.

      Greg

      http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
    • Chris Dart
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
        For Windows, Hold CTRL and select the windows your want to display - no need to shut the others. However I think he is talking about the 2 windows in Notetab, this I do not know how to do but it would be useful!

        Chris Dart
        Mobile: +31 652 460 610

        ________________________________

        > This one has bothered me for YEARS!! is there any means to make the
        > second window feature horizontially set the windows as opposed to
        > vertically.. I would love to be able to see more per line which
        > means each window is fulls creen width as opposed to half screen
        > width

        Not quite sure which program's facility you're referring to, but if
        you mean the tiling of windows on your desktop, then right-click on an
        empty part of the taskbar. This should produce a menu offering "Tile
        Windows Horizontally". That should do the trick. Make sure that you
        only have the windows open that you wish to compare. Minimise any
        others before activating the command.

        Greg

      • Website Managers
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
          --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, Greg Chapman <gregchapmanuk@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi Debbie,
          >
          > On 17 Jan 07 04:34 "Debbie Doerrlamm" <wkdwich@...> said:
          > > This one has bothered me for YEARS!! is there any means to make
          the
          > > second window feature horizontially set the windows as opposed to
          > > vertically.. I would love to be able to see more per line which
          > > means each window is fulls creen width as opposed to half screen
          > > width
          >
          > Not quite sure which program's facility you're referring to, but if
          > you mean the tiling of windows on your desktop, then right-click on
          an
          > empty part of the taskbar. This should produce a menu
          offering "Tile
          > Windows Horizontally". That should do the trick. Make sure that
          you
          > only have the windows open that you wish to compare. Minimise any
          > others before activating the command.
          >
          > Greg

          That will tile all the active windows: Email, browser, NTP, etc. What
          Debbie is referring to is inside NTP. On the document menu, there is
          an option for Second Window (Ctrl+Shift+W). That will tile two
          documents vertically.

          Jim
        • Debbie Doerrlamm
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
            At 07:51 AM 1/17/2007, Chris Dart said:
            >For Windows, Hold CTRL and select the windows your want to display -
            >no need to shut the others. However I think he is talking about the 2
            >windows in Notetab, this I do not know how to do but it would be useful!

            Chris
            Exactly thats what I meant.. inside NoteTab (I happen to use Pro) I
            did not think I needed to specify "inside NT" because I was posting
            this to a NT group :)

            file.txt
            blah blah blah yada yada yada
            blah blah blah yada yada yada
            blah blah blah yada yada yada
            blah blah blah yada yada yada
            blah blah blah yada yada yada
            =======================
            fileTWO.txt
            blah blah blah yada yada yada
            blah blah blah yada yada yada
            blah blah blah yada yada yada
            blah blah blah yada yada yada
            blah blah blah yada yada yada

            I don't recall the text editor I used to use before NT but that was a
            key feature that I liked and always missed here.
            Regards,
            Debbie ^v^ ^o^ //\o/\\ ^o^ ^v^ Webmaster - System Admin

            webmaster@... (AOL, CS or AIM NailGdsss - MSN Nailgodess)
            WWWeb Services, Ronkonkoma, NY
            631-981-1273 fax 631-981-7557
            http://www.beautytech.com & http://www.beautytech.INFO
            for Professionals for Consumers
            Online Correspondent NAILS Magazine http://www.nailsmag.com

          • Debbie Doerrlamm
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
              >That will tile all the active windows: Email, browser, NTP, etc. What
              >Debbie is referring to is inside NTP. On the document menu, there is
              >an option for Second Window (Ctrl+Shift+W). That will tile two
              >documents vertically.

              Jim

              Yep I know that and want to tile the windows inside NTP HORIZONTALLY
              instead of vertically

              Regards,
              Debbie ^v^ ^o^ //\o/\\ ^o^ ^v^ Webmaster - System Admin

              webmaster@... (AOL, CS or AIM NailGdsss - MSN Nailgodess)
              WWWeb Services, Ronkonkoma, NY
              631-981-1273 fax 631-981-7557
              http://www.beautytech.com & http://www.beautytech.INFO
              for Professionals for Consumers
              Online Correspondent NAILS Magazine http://www.nailsmag.com

            • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
                Chris Dart wrote:
                > For Windows, Hold CTRL and select the windows your want to display - no need to shut the others. However I think he is talking about the 2 windows in Notetab, this I do not know how to do but it would be useful!
                >

                > Chris Dart
                > Mobile: +31 652 460 610

                I presume also that you mean two windows in notetab (shift+control+w).
                The concept of tabs is always vertical I think. The only solution is
                probably two instances of notetab running at the same time and you stack
                them vertically using windows tiling.
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
                  Debbie Doerrlamm wrote:
                  >Yep I know that and want to tile the windows inside NTP HORIZONTALLY
                  >instead of vertically

                  So do we all. Sorry, can't be done.

                  Lotta
                • Debbie Doerrlamm
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
                    OK so how do I open a second instance of NTP??? no matter what I do
                    it will not open a second.. I did manage to get Windows to tile
                    horizontally 2 windows

                    At 10:52 AM 1/17/2007, Don - HtmlFixIt.com said:
                    >Chris Dart wrote:
                    >> For Windows, Hold CTRL and select the windows your want to display -
                    >no need to shut the others. However I think he is talking about the 2
                    >windows in Notetab, this I do not know how to do but it would be useful!
                    >>

                    >> Chris Dart
                    >> Mobile: +31 652 460 610
                    >
                    >I presume also that you mean two windows in notetab (shift+control+w).
                    >The concept of tabs is always vertical I think. The only solution is
                    >probably two instances of notetab running at the same time and you stack
                    >them vertically using windows tiling.

                    Regards,
                    Debbie ^v^ ^o^ //\o/\\ ^o^ ^v^ Webmaster - System Admin

                    webmaster@... (AOL, CS or AIM NailGdsss - MSN Nailgodess)
                    WWWeb Services, Ronkonkoma, NY
                    631-981-1273 fax 631-981-7557
                    http://www.beautytech.com & http://www.beautytech.INFO
                    for Professionals for Consumers
                    Online Correspondent NAILS Magazine http://www.nailsmag.com

                  • hsavage
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
                      Debbie Doerrlamm wrote:
                      > This one has bothered me for YEARS!! is there any means to make the
                      > second window feature horizontially set the windows as opposed to
                      > vertically.. I would love to be able to see more per line which means
                      > each window is fulls creen width as opposed to half screen width
                      >
                      > thanks

                      Debbie,

                      The best we can do in NotePro is as Don suggested, running multiple
                      instances with your choice of file in each instance, or, run one copy in
                      split-window mode. In this mode turn on wordwrap, run at, or, near full
                      screen, close the 'clip editor window and adjust the split windows to
                      the same width by positioning the canter divider.

                      I have a clip that handles most of the above using a multiple choice
                      menu. Works best if you add an icon for the clip into a personal
                      clipbar. At the following link, copy and paste it into a clipbook.

                      http://tinyurl.com/ywpg42

                      ºvº
                      2007.01.17 - 11.44.27
                      Rules guys wish girls knew...
                      "You can either ask us to do something OR
                      tell us how you want it done - but not both."
                      hrs ø hsavage@...
                    • sisterscape
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
                        --- hsavage <hsavage@...> wrote:

                        > In this mode turn on wordwrap, run at, or, near full
                        > screen, close the 'clip editor window and adjust the split windows to

                        > the same width by positioning the canter divider.

                        This is how I handle working with two files at once. Adjusting the two
                        windows to equal width makes comparision very easy.

                        Have a burning question?
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
                          Debbie Doerrlamm wrote:
                          >OK so how do I open a second instance of NTP???

                          View | Options | General | Allow Multiple Instances

                          Lotta
                        • Debbie Doerrlamm
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
                            now why didn't I see that?? thanks!

                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
                              > >View | Options | General | Allow Multiple Instances
                              > >
                              > >Lotta

                              > now why didn't I see that?? thanks!

                              See! I knew I had it right all the time! :-)