Second Window feature

  • Debbie Doerrlamm
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 16, 2007
      This one has bothered me for YEARS!! is there any means to make the
      second window feature horizontially set the windows as opposed to
      vertically.. I would love to be able to see more per line which means
      each window is fulls creen width as opposed to half screen width

      thanks
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
        Hi Debbie,

        On 17 Jan 07 04:34 "Debbie Doerrlamm" <wkdwich@...> said:
        > This one has bothered me for YEARS!! is there any means to make the
        > second window feature horizontially set the windows as opposed to
        > vertically.. I would love to be able to see more per line which
        > means each window is fulls creen width as opposed to half screen
        > width

        Not quite sure which program's facility you're referring to, but if
        you mean the tiling of windows on your desktop, then right-click on an
        empty part of the taskbar. This should produce a menu offering "Tile
        Windows Horizontally". That should do the trick. Make sure that you
        only have the windows open that you wish to compare. Minimise any
        others before activating the command.

        Greg

        http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
      • Chris Dart
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
          For Windows, Hold CTRL and select the windows your want to display - no need to shut the others. However I think he is talking about the 2 windows in Notetab, this I do not know how to do but it would be useful!

          Chris Dart
          Mobile: +31 652 460 610

          ________________________________

          > This one has bothered me for YEARS!! is there any means to make the
          > second window feature horizontially set the windows as opposed to
          > vertically.. I would love to be able to see more per line which
          > means each window is fulls creen width as opposed to half screen
          > width

          Not quite sure which program's facility you're referring to, but if
          you mean the tiling of windows on your desktop, then right-click on an
          empty part of the taskbar. This should produce a menu offering "Tile
          Windows Horizontally". That should do the trick. Make sure that you
          only have the windows open that you wish to compare. Minimise any
          others before activating the command.

          Greg

        • Website Managers
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
            --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, Greg Chapman <gregchapmanuk@...>
            wrote:

            > Hi Debbie,
            >
            > On 17 Jan 07 04:34 "Debbie Doerrlamm" <wkdwich@...> said:
            > > This one has bothered me for YEARS!! is there any means to make
            the
            > > second window feature horizontially set the windows as opposed to
            > > vertically.. I would love to be able to see more per line which
            > > means each window is fulls creen width as opposed to half screen
            > > width
            >
            > Not quite sure which program's facility you're referring to, but if
            > you mean the tiling of windows on your desktop, then right-click on
            an
            > empty part of the taskbar. This should produce a menu
            offering "Tile
            > Windows Horizontally". That should do the trick. Make sure that
            you
            > only have the windows open that you wish to compare. Minimise any
            > others before activating the command.
            >
            > Greg

            That will tile all the active windows: Email, browser, NTP, etc. What
            Debbie is referring to is inside NTP. On the document menu, there is
            an option for Second Window (Ctrl+Shift+W). That will tile two
            documents vertically.

            Jim
          • Debbie Doerrlamm
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
              At 07:51 AM 1/17/2007, Chris Dart said:
              >For Windows, Hold CTRL and select the windows your want to display -
              >no need to shut the others. However I think he is talking about the 2
              >windows in Notetab, this I do not know how to do but it would be useful!

              Chris
              Exactly thats what I meant.. inside NoteTab (I happen to use Pro) I
              did not think I needed to specify "inside NT" because I was posting
              this to a NT group :)

              file.txt
              blah blah blah yada yada yada
              blah blah blah yada yada yada
              blah blah blah yada yada yada
              blah blah blah yada yada yada
              blah blah blah yada yada yada
              =======================
              fileTWO.txt
              blah blah blah yada yada yada
              blah blah blah yada yada yada
              blah blah blah yada yada yada
              blah blah blah yada yada yada
              blah blah blah yada yada yada

              I don't recall the text editor I used to use before NT but that was a
              key feature that I liked and always missed here.
              Regards,
              Debbie ^v^ ^o^ //\o/\\ ^o^ ^v^ Webmaster - System Admin

              webmaster@... (AOL, CS or AIM NailGdsss - MSN Nailgodess)
              WWWeb Services, Ronkonkoma, NY
              631-981-1273 fax 631-981-7557
              http://www.beautytech.com & http://www.beautytech.INFO
              for Professionals for Consumers
              Online Correspondent NAILS Magazine http://www.nailsmag.com

            • Debbie Doerrlamm
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
                >That will tile all the active windows: Email, browser, NTP, etc. What
                >Debbie is referring to is inside NTP. On the document menu, there is
                >an option for Second Window (Ctrl+Shift+W). That will tile two
                >documents vertically.

                Jim

                Yep I know that and want to tile the windows inside NTP HORIZONTALLY
                instead of vertically

                Regards,
                Debbie ^v^ ^o^ //\o/\\ ^o^ ^v^ Webmaster - System Admin

                webmaster@... (AOL, CS or AIM NailGdsss - MSN Nailgodess)
                WWWeb Services, Ronkonkoma, NY
                631-981-1273 fax 631-981-7557
                http://www.beautytech.com & http://www.beautytech.INFO
                for Professionals for Consumers
                Online Correspondent NAILS Magazine http://www.nailsmag.com

              • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
                  Chris Dart wrote:
                  > For Windows, Hold CTRL and select the windows your want to display - no need to shut the others. However I think he is talking about the 2 windows in Notetab, this I do not know how to do but it would be useful!
                  >

                  > Chris Dart
                  > Mobile: +31 652 460 610

                  I presume also that you mean two windows in notetab (shift+control+w).
                  The concept of tabs is always vertical I think. The only solution is
                  probably two instances of notetab running at the same time and you stack
                  them vertically using windows tiling.
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
                    Debbie Doerrlamm wrote:
                    >Yep I know that and want to tile the windows inside NTP HORIZONTALLY
                    >instead of vertically

                    So do we all. Sorry, can't be done.

                    Lotta
                  • Debbie Doerrlamm
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
                      OK so how do I open a second instance of NTP??? no matter what I do
                      it will not open a second.. I did manage to get Windows to tile
                      horizontally 2 windows

                      At 10:52 AM 1/17/2007, Don - HtmlFixIt.com said:
                      >Chris Dart wrote:
                      >> For Windows, Hold CTRL and select the windows your want to display -
                      >no need to shut the others. However I think he is talking about the 2
                      >windows in Notetab, this I do not know how to do but it would be useful!
                      >>

                      >> Chris Dart
                      >> Mobile: +31 652 460 610
                      >
                      >I presume also that you mean two windows in notetab (shift+control+w).
                      >The concept of tabs is always vertical I think. The only solution is
                      >probably two instances of notetab running at the same time and you stack
                      >them vertically using windows tiling.

                      Regards,
                      Debbie ^v^ ^o^ //\o/\\ ^o^ ^v^ Webmaster - System Admin

                      webmaster@... (AOL, CS or AIM NailGdsss - MSN Nailgodess)
                      WWWeb Services, Ronkonkoma, NY
                      631-981-1273 fax 631-981-7557
                      http://www.beautytech.com & http://www.beautytech.INFO
                      for Professionals for Consumers
                      Online Correspondent NAILS Magazine http://www.nailsmag.com

                    • hsavage
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
                        Debbie Doerrlamm wrote:
                        > This one has bothered me for YEARS!! is there any means to make the
                        > second window feature horizontially set the windows as opposed to
                        > vertically.. I would love to be able to see more per line which means
                        > each window is fulls creen width as opposed to half screen width
                        >
                        > thanks

                        Debbie,

                        The best we can do in NotePro is as Don suggested, running multiple
                        instances with your choice of file in each instance, or, run one copy in
                        split-window mode. In this mode turn on wordwrap, run at, or, near full
                        screen, close the 'clip editor window and adjust the split windows to
                        the same width by positioning the canter divider.

                        I have a clip that handles most of the above using a multiple choice
                        menu. Works best if you add an icon for the clip into a personal
                        clipbar. At the following link, copy and paste it into a clipbook.

                        http://tinyurl.com/ywpg42

                        ºvº
                        2007.01.17 - 11.44.27
                        Rules guys wish girls knew...
                        "You can either ask us to do something OR
                        tell us how you want it done - but not both."
                        hrs ø hsavage@...
                      • sisterscape
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
                          --- hsavage <hsavage@...> wrote:

                          > In this mode turn on wordwrap, run at, or, near full
                          > screen, close the 'clip editor window and adjust the split windows to

                          > the same width by positioning the canter divider.

                          This is how I handle working with two files at once. Adjusting the two
                          windows to equal width makes comparision very easy.

                          Have a burning question?
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
                            Debbie Doerrlamm wrote:
                            >OK so how do I open a second instance of NTP???

                            View | Options | General | Allow Multiple Instances

                            Lotta
                          • Debbie Doerrlamm
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
                              now why didn't I see that?? thanks!

                              Message 14 of 14 , Jan 17, 2007
                                > >View | Options | General | Allow Multiple Instances
                                > >
                                > >Lotta

                                > now why didn't I see that?? thanks!

                                See! I knew I had it right all the time! :-)