Re: [NH] Clipbook / program to convert Word junk -> HTML

  • bruce.somers@web.de
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 4, 2007
      Julie <gleits@...> wrote:

      I can't believe people
      posted that mess! A friend wants to repost them
      cleaned up, so I thought I'd see if there was an easy way to do this. :-)

      No, you needn't 't believe that. It's much more likely that some component (program) used by the poster of the blog entry, has replaced what it considered to be non-standard characters, curly quotes, accented characters etc., with their corresponding "escape-codes", because many viewers will not have the character sets needed to display them. Many systems recognize only the extremely provincial and badly limited ASCII character set.

      It's probably the blog software that is not able to replace those escape-codes with the corresponding characters.

      Bruce