Clipbook / program to convert Word junk -> HTML

  • Julie
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2007
      Hi,

      Because I'm seeing this as a two step process
      involving Notetab for code clean up I am posting
      this here rather than to the off-topic list.

      I looking for a program / clip library (?) to convert characters such as this:

      “Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor
      are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and
      another thing among Men. It is man’s part to
      discern them as much in the Golden
      Wood as in his own house.”
      Aragorn to Éomer

      to HTML. Then the code still needs to be cleaned
      up, because it was a "Word" nightmare. Character
      conversion in Notetab doesn't do this for me.

      Anyone have an idea of what can do this and / or
      a list of which code converts to what? Some are
      no brainers, but some of the text is accented,
      and no clue what vowel or diacritic would go where.

      I have found a website
      http://textism.com/wordcleaner/
      that allows you to do this a limited number of
      times without registering / paying. I've heard
      Dreamweaver ($$$$) can do this, but I really
      don't need all those bells and whistles. I have a
      heck of a lot of articles I'd like to do this with.

      Help?

      (Thanks)

      Julie