Re: [NH] Re: [NTB] Tables or not

  • Cary Driscoll
    Message 1 of 34 , Nov 13, 2006
      Oh, I just noticed this after I sent the last mail. Since "#content-main"
      had a 10px margin it's width should be reduced to 655px. This will allow the
      "#content div" padding to be increased back up to 9px. The original padding
      was 10px, but the new arrangement of divs can cause the "content-left"
      column to flow under the "content-right" instead of along the left side if
      the total width of the left and right content gets any bigger..

      Modified styles:

      #content div {
      padding:9px;
      border:0px solid #CAB59A; }

      #content-main {
      margin-left:10px;
      width:655px; }
    • Cary Driscoll
      Message 34 of 34 , Nov 14, 2006
        Hi Kerry,

        I haven't had time to look too carefully at it, but some testing revealled
        that IE 6 doesn't extend the background color through the width of the
        border which makes a black double border and a black background look solid
        in other browsers.

        You can use this instead of <embed>, but it's only for MP3s.

        <object classid="clsid:02bf25d5-8c17-4b23-bc80-d3488abddc6b"
        codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab" width="100"
        height="20">
        <param name="src" value="music/oldloversmoon.mp3">
        <param name="controller" value="true">
        <param name="autoplay" value="true">
        <object type="audio/x-mpeg" data="music/oldloversmoon.mp3" width="100"
        height="20">
        <param name="controller" value="true">
        <param name="autoplay" value="true">
        </object>