Re: [NH] Re: [NTB] Tables or not

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 34 , Nov 12, 2006
      Kerry Coates wrote:
      > You guys are all so helpful!!! Thank you! You are amazing! Just a couple of little things and it works! I opened it in Firefox and it was perfect. Then I went back to IE to re-check it and it was perfect!! Great! I read all the stuff on "float" and it was like Greek. Someday I will understand all this. I don't really understand a lot of the things I did, I was just stabbing in the dark in places, trying different things.
      > The "index.htm" validates with no errors!
      > However, my "dulcimer-main-style.css" does not validate --

      > c.. Line : 27 (Level : 1) You have no color with your background-color : #content-left
      > d.. Line : 103 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : a:link

      This is pretty simple ... you always need to do color and
      background-color in tandem pairs to assure that you don't have a lack of
      contrast.

      The next thing you need to understand is inheritance :-)
      If you define something it carries down to the next level unless defined
      down at the next level. So if you say body color:
      that color definition continues down to lower levels, more or less.

      Anyway, you'll get it. Keep going. See how easy step one was? I
      thought about fixing it for you, but decided it was better if you
      figured it our yourself with some tips. That is the best way to learn.
    • Cary Driscoll
      Message 34 of 34 , Nov 14, 2006
        Hi Kerry,

        I haven't had time to look too carefully at it, but some testing revealled
        that IE 6 doesn't extend the background color through the width of the
        border which makes a black double border and a black background look solid
        in other browsers.

        You can use this instead of <embed>, but it's only for MP3s.

        <object classid="clsid:02bf25d5-8c17-4b23-bc80-d3488abddc6b"
        codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab" width="100"
        height="20">
        <param name="src" value="music/oldloversmoon.mp3">
        <param name="controller" value="true">
        <param name="autoplay" value="true">
        <object type="audio/x-mpeg" data="music/oldloversmoon.mp3" width="100"
        height="20">
        <param name="controller" value="true">
        <param name="autoplay" value="true">
        </object>