Re: [NH] Re: [NTB] Tables or not

  • Rudolf Horbas
    Message 1 of 34 , Nov 12, 2006
      > However, my "dulcimer-main-style.css" does not validate --
      > a.. Line : 5 (Level : 1) You have no color with your background-color : body
      > (...)

      These are minor issues that can be solved easily. For more info look here:
      http://www.websitedev.de/css/validator-faq#color

      "Why does the validator complain You have no background-color with your
      color?

      If you don't specify color and background-color at the same level of
      specificity, your style sheet might clash with user style sheets. To
      avoid this, specify always both of them, see Section 9.1 "Color
      Contrast" in the W3C Note "CSS Techniques for Web Content Accessibility
      Guidelines 1.0" or the article CSS Color Issues by the CSS Pointers
      Group for a discussion."

      Rudi
    • Cary Driscoll
      Message 34 of 34 , Nov 14, 2006
        Hi Kerry,

        I haven't had time to look too carefully at it, but some testing revealled
        that IE 6 doesn't extend the background color through the width of the
        border which makes a black double border and a black background look solid
        in other browsers.

        You can use this instead of <embed>, but it's only for MP3s.

        <object classid="clsid:02bf25d5-8c17-4b23-bc80-d3488abddc6b"
        codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab" width="100"
        height="20">
        <param name="src" value="music/oldloversmoon.mp3">
        <param name="controller" value="true">
        <param name="autoplay" value="true">
        <object type="audio/x-mpeg" data="music/oldloversmoon.mp3" width="100"
        height="20">
        <param name="controller" value="true">
        <param name="autoplay" value="true">
        </object>