Re: [NH] Re: [NTB] Tables or not

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 34 , Nov 11, 2006
      Kerry Coates wrote:
      > I ran it through the validator and all I got was "Sorry! This document cannot be checked". I had already put it through the CSE Validator and it didn't tell me anything that was of any help.
      >
      > Hugs,
      > Kerry Coates
      Exactly the point. Your page should be capable of validation. Figure
      out what you have to do to get it to validate. The first mistake is
      that you have a non-UTF character at line 15. Start there and work
      through it.
    • Cary Driscoll
      Message 34 of 34 , Nov 14, 2006
        Hi Kerry,

        I haven't had time to look too carefully at it, but some testing revealled
        that IE 6 doesn't extend the background color through the width of the
        border which makes a black double border and a black background look solid
        in other browsers.

        You can use this instead of <embed>, but it's only for MP3s.

        <object classid="clsid:02bf25d5-8c17-4b23-bc80-d3488abddc6b"
        codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab" width="100"
        height="20">
        <param name="src" value="music/oldloversmoon.mp3">
        <param name="controller" value="true">
        <param name="autoplay" value="true">
        <object type="audio/x-mpeg" data="music/oldloversmoon.mp3" width="100"
        height="20">
        <param name="controller" value="true">
        <param name="autoplay" value="true">
        </object>