Re: [NH] Re: [NTB] Tables or not

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 34 , Nov 11, 2006
      Kerry Coates wrote:
      > oK. I think Don understood me, but I think a few got it turned around. I wrote the code for IE and then when I opened it into Mozilla it got all scrambled. It looks beautiful in IE!! You can go to http://www.gilamountaindulcimers.com/new/index.htm
      > to view it (I finally got it loaded so it is on the internet but it is not "published" as my home page yet -- still using the tried and true tables there!). Anyway, I cannot figure out what I need to do to get it to work in Mozilla. If you need to view the style sheet, go to http://www.gilamountaindulcimers.com/new/dulcimer-main-style.htm
      > I thank all of you in advance!! This is my very first try at going it without tables!

      Kerry, you are so close, don't give up. One of the beauties of CSS is
      that you can position things one atop another. You have achieved that
      wonderful result ... just unintentionally ;-)

      It can easily be fixed.
    • Cary Driscoll
      Message 34 of 34 , Nov 14, 2006
        Hi Kerry,

        I haven't had time to look too carefully at it, but some testing revealled
        that IE 6 doesn't extend the background color through the width of the
        border which makes a black double border and a black background look solid
        in other browsers.

        You can use this instead of <embed>, but it's only for MP3s.

        <object classid="clsid:02bf25d5-8c17-4b23-bc80-d3488abddc6b"
        codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab" width="100"
        height="20">
        <param name="src" value="music/oldloversmoon.mp3">
        <param name="controller" value="true">
        <param name="autoplay" value="true">
        <object type="audio/x-mpeg" data="music/oldloversmoon.mp3" width="100"
        height="20">
        <param name="controller" value="true">
        <param name="autoplay" value="true">
        </object>