Re: IE_hacks Was -- Re: [NH] Re: [NTB] Tables or not

  • LaurieK
    Message 1 of 34 , Nov 10, 2006
      AMEN... "sista" as in Sisterscape :)

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: sisterscape
      To: ntb-html@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, November 10, 2006 3:04 PM
      Subject: Re: IE_hacks Was -- Re: [NH] Re: [NTB] Tables or not

      I'll go to Linux before I'll upgrade to
      Vista. I'm so sick of the MS BS.

      .

    • Cary Driscoll
      Message 34 of 34 , Nov 14, 2006
        Hi Kerry,

        I haven't had time to look too carefully at it, but some testing revealled
        that IE 6 doesn't extend the background color through the width of the
        border which makes a black double border and a black background look solid
        in other browsers.

        You can use this instead of <embed>, but it's only for MP3s.

        <object classid="clsid:02bf25d5-8c17-4b23-bc80-d3488abddc6b"
        codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab" width="100"
        height="20">
        <param name="src" value="music/oldloversmoon.mp3">
        <param name="controller" value="true">
        <param name="autoplay" value="true">
        <object type="audio/x-mpeg" data="music/oldloversmoon.mp3" width="100"
        height="20">
        <param name="controller" value="true">
        <param name="autoplay" value="true">
        </object>