RE: IE_hacks Was -- Re: [NH] Re: [NTB] Tables or not

  • Corl DeLuna
    Message 1 of 34 , Nov 10, 2006
      Hi Margaret,

      This is another stylesheet you make to target the CSS just for IE, just like
      you'd make a separate CSS file to style how your page looks when printed
      <link rel="STYLESHEET" type="text/css" media="print" href="../print.css" />

      CSS was supposed to make our lives easier...

      Here's a link to a site that has a demo using conditional statements with
      different browsers
      http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menu/conditional.html

      If you have a few moments take a look around that site, Stu is a master of
      CSS and has some very impressive demos of many of the things that can be
      done with CSS.

      Best,
      Corl

      PS - If you haven't seen Zen Garden http://csszengarden.com/ I highly
      recommend that you check some of it out. 979 wildly different designs based
      on different CSS, and they all share the same XHTML markup!

      ________________________________

      Message 34 of 34 , Nov 14, 2006
        Hi Kerry,

        I haven't had time to look too carefully at it, but some testing revealled
        that IE 6 doesn't extend the background color through the width of the
        border which makes a black double border and a black background look solid
        in other browsers.

        You can use this instead of <embed>, but it's only for MP3s.

        <object classid="clsid:02bf25d5-8c17-4b23-bc80-d3488abddc6b"
        codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab" width="100"
        height="20">
        <param name="src" value="music/oldloversmoon.mp3">
        <param name="controller" value="true">
        <param name="autoplay" value="true">
        <object type="audio/x-mpeg" data="music/oldloversmoon.mp3" width="100"
        height="20">
        <param name="controller" value="true">
        <param name="autoplay" value="true">
        </object>