Re: [NH] Re: [NTB] Tables or not

  • Rudolf Horbas
    Message 1 of 34 , Nov 10, 2006
      > I agree. IE is a buggy mess when it comes to CSS. Often needs hacks
      > and workarounds.

      Conditional comments are a great help. The following code loads an extra
      stylesheet only for IE versions 6 and lower (7 has many improvements):

      <!--[if lte IE 7]>
      <![endif]-->

      Rudi
    • Cary Driscoll
      Message 34 of 34 , Nov 14, 2006
        Hi Kerry,

        I haven't had time to look too carefully at it, but some testing revealled
        that IE 6 doesn't extend the background color through the width of the
        border which makes a black double border and a black background look solid
        in other browsers.

        You can use this instead of <embed>, but it's only for MP3s.

        <object classid="clsid:02bf25d5-8c17-4b23-bc80-d3488abddc6b"
        codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab" width="100"
        height="20">
        <param name="src" value="music/oldloversmoon.mp3">
        <param name="controller" value="true">
        <param name="autoplay" value="true">
        <object type="audio/x-mpeg" data="music/oldloversmoon.mp3" width="100"
        height="20">
        <param name="controller" value="true">
        <param name="autoplay" value="true">
        </object>