Re: [NH] Re: [NTB] Tables or not

  • sisterscape
    Message 1 of 34 , Nov 10, 2006
      I agree. IE is a buggy mess when it comes to CSS. Often needs hacks
      and workarounds. In time you'll get know what works across
      browser/platforms and avoid the pitfalls. One thing that helps IE play
      nice is to remove the xml prologue that might be before the DOCTYPE as
      it throws IE into quirks mode. It looks something like this - <?xml
      version="1.0"?>. Good luck!

      --- "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...> wrote:

      > I have copied this to the html list. I always develop in Mozilla (as
      > it
      > is standard compliant) and then move it to IE (which is not as
      > compliant). That usually works best. It definitely can be done.

      Want to start your own business?
      Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
      http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index
    • Cary Driscoll
      Message 34 of 34 , Nov 14, 2006
        Hi Kerry,

        I haven't had time to look too carefully at it, but some testing revealled
        that IE 6 doesn't extend the background color through the width of the
        border which makes a black double border and a black background look solid
        in other browsers.

        You can use this instead of <embed>, but it's only for MP3s.

        <object classid="clsid:02bf25d5-8c17-4b23-bc80-d3488abddc6b"
        codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab" width="100"
        height="20">
        <param name="src" value="music/oldloversmoon.mp3">
        <param name="controller" value="true">
        <param name="autoplay" value="true">
        <object type="audio/x-mpeg" data="music/oldloversmoon.mp3" width="100"
        height="20">
        <param name="controller" value="true">
        <param name="autoplay" value="true">
        </object>