Re: [NH] Note Tab Pro Newbie question re: insert hyperlink

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2006
      Hi jean,
      >Just found this editor and it looks great.

      It is. :-)

      >However, I cannot figure out how to insert a link to a file in my HTML
      >document. The insert image has a ... button to locate the file but
      >the insert hyperlink doesn't.

      I think you talk about a clip, or a button on a clipbar (the lower button
      bar) now? They can be anything you make them to be since they run scripts,
      or clips as they often are called. But this function is hardcoded in Notetab.
      Document | Insert HTML Link/Image (Shift + Ctrl + F5)
      That lets you browse for an image or a file.

      For images there is another way that's quicker if you have many
      images. Open the Quick List if it isn't already open (F6 or find it on the
      Tools Menu). Set the Quick List to show disk files (right-click in the
      Quick List window for options or choose from the Tools menu). Right-click
      in the combo box at the top of the QL and browse to a folder. Now you can
      drag images from the QL to the document and image tags will be created for
      you. Other files than images will be opened as documents, so you can't
      create links this way. Not what you asked for but I thought you'd want to
      know anyway.

      Lotta
    • Jeff Scism
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 7, 2006
        I would make sure that the document I am working on is already saved
        into the directory where it will be permanently, in relation to the link
        locations.