Re: [NH] Question about: meta name="keywords"

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2006
      At 09:09 AM 10/3/2006 , you wrote:
      >Either is fine. It no longer matters much as keywords are almost
      >entirely disregarded thanks to index spamming a few years ago. Title,
      >Heading Tags and Content are what get you where you are going these days
      >(plus external links back to you).

      Thanks!
      -Mike

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2006
        Mike Breiding wrote:
        >Do keywords need to be separated by commas? This is how I have always done it.
        >But the site below uses white space and not commas.
        >
        >The site below that one states using comma area correct.
        >
        >Which is correct/preferable?

        Comma. But why bother with keywords at all?

        How should this be interpreted?

        meta, refresh, automatic, redirection, meta, tags
        or
        meta refresh, automatic redirection, meta tags
        or like sentence?
        "meta refresh automatic redirection meta tags"

        A machine would have to go for the first or last option. It can't figure
        out the second and preferred one on its own. Neither would a human who
        isn't already familiar with the terms.