Re: [NH] small, strong, big

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2006
      Kerry Coates wrote:
      >These are deprecated too, is that right?

      Nope. You can check here.
      <http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/index/elements.html>

      >I get this warning when I validate
      >Transitional pages.

      It must be for some other reason. If they were deprecated they would still
      be allowed in Transitional BTW.

      >So how is this set up in a style sheet? What is the
      >code? And also, then how do I indicate small, strong or big, etc., at
      >specified places within each page?

      <small>
      font-size: smaller (or small or 85% or whatever fits the situation)
      <big>
      font-size: larger (or large or 125%...)
      <strong>
      font-weight: bold

      But you really should use STRONG if strong emphasis is what you want. You
      can style it though. For the others doesn't matter what you use, really, if
      it's just the look you are after,

      <http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/fonts.html>