small, strong, big

  • Kerry Coates
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2006
      These are deprecated too, is that right? I get this warning when I validate
      Transitional pages. So how is this set up in a style sheet? What is the
      code? And also, then how do I indicate small, strong or big, etc., at
      specified places within each page?
      Thanks!

      Hugs,
      Kerry Coates
      Visit all my websites!
      http://www.vitamins-weight-loss.com
      http://www.GilaMountainDulcimers.com
      http://www.Amazing-Health-Products.com
      http://www.GamblingStrategyCards.com
      http://www.CharroCoats.com
      http://www.PaulCoatesGuitar.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2006
        Kerry Coates wrote:
        >These are deprecated too, is that right?

        Nope. You can check here.
        <http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/index/elements.html>

        >I get this warning when I validate
        >Transitional pages.

        It must be for some other reason. If they were deprecated they would still
        be allowed in Transitional BTW.

        >So how is this set up in a style sheet? What is the
        >code? And also, then how do I indicate small, strong or big, etc., at
        >specified places within each page?

        <small>
        font-size: smaller (or small or 85% or whatever fits the situation)
        <big>
        font-size: larger (or large or 125%...)
        <strong>
        font-weight: bold

        But you really should use STRONG if strong emphasis is what you want. You
        can style it though. For the others doesn't matter what you use, really, if
        it's just the look you are after,

        <http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/fonts.html>