NoteTab Pro 5.1 and NoteTab Std 5.1 released!
- Hi everyone,
We're pleased to announce the release of NoteTab Pro 5.1 and NoteTab Std
5.1! This update is free for NoteTab 5.0 customers:
Changes from Version 5.0 to 5.1:
* Added token for Header/Footer line separator on printed pages.
Use an underscore character ( _ ) at the start of the Header and/or
Footer field to insert a separator line on printed pages between the
main document text and the header/footer text.
* Added "Close All Other" command to documents tabbar shortcut menu.
* Added method to print only selected text.
Hold down the Shift key while you click on the Print or Print Preview
* Added /USER=FolderName command-line switch.
By default, NoteTab 5 stores per-user customization files under the
Application Data folder:
<SYSTEMDRIVE>\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data
Use the /USER switch to specify a different location for the NoteTab
customization files. This option is particularly useful if you work with
sensitive data (point to a folder on an encrypted drive) or simply don't
want to leave files behind on the computer you're using (point to a
removable drive like a USB key). Example:
NotePro.exe /USER="E:\NoteTab Data"
* Only Template files with the .tpl extension are now interpreted.
Earlier versions of NoteTab checked all files for the template header,
irrespective of file extension. Some users felt this was a potential
security issue and requested to limit this feature to files with the
official template .tpl extension.
* The Euro Clipbook was not part of the initial 5.0 package. Due to
frequent requests, it is now included with NoteTab again.
* Updated the code for ^!DirectPrint Clip command to improve
compatibility under Windows XP and other NT versions.
* Clip lines starting with a command (^!CommandName) are now
automatically stripped of trailing blank characters before execution.
This eliminates unexpected Clip errors due to stray blanks.
* Fixed slow loading of Clipbars.
* Fixed issue with modal dialogs sometimes ending up behind main NoteTab
window, notably when receiving focus from another application. When this
happened, NoteTab appeared to lock up.
* Fixed issue opening files with wildcards from the command line when an
instance of NoteTab is already running.
* Fixed issue with "Open File at Cursor" that failed to open files when
used on relative filenames.
* Fixed several reference errors in the Utilities Clipbar.
* Fixed issue loading Clipbooks and Clipbars that have dots in their name.
* Fixed minor issues in ^$StrCapitalize()$ and ^$StrSplit()$ Clip functions.
* Fixed an issue in NoteTab Std with the ^$GetLine$ Clip function which
returned an extra character at the end of the line.
* Fixed an issue in NoteTab Std with certain regex Replace All
operations failing to work.
* Fixed an issue in NoteTab Std with the Undo command after a Replace
* Fixed an issue in NoteTab Pro with the line-number ruler not
repainting properly after the program window is maximized/restored.
* Several other minor glitches fixed.
* Updated Glossary.otl file.
* Updated Help files.