Re: [NTB] 5.0 to 5.1 update

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2006
      Hi Margaret, Pete, and Others,

      Eric just found out there was a glitch in the "News/Update" screen
      of 5.0 preventing a direct upgrade to v5.1.

      v5.0 customers can now upgrade from our site. You will download the
      v5.1 "wp" wrapper security file that will detect your v5.0 installation
      as being upgradable:

      http://www.notetab.com/update5.php

      The upgrade fixes a number of issues. You should probably upgrade from
      v5.0 even if you are not experiencing any problems at this time.

      Free upgrades are still available for users of 4.95 that purchased
      NoteTab after March 29, 2006.

      Thanks!
      Jody Adair
      Fookes Software
      Customer Service

      From the Fookes Software NoteTab support Desk
      http://www.notetab.net/faq/ntb
      Fookes Software Discussion Mailing Lists
      http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

      >The note I see says that an update link will be available soon. So,
      >it's just an announcement and we will get a link to the download soon.
      >
      >Pete Hoyle wrote:
      >>
      >> I purchased Notetab Pro 5.0 and have been using it happily on a new
      >> computer that hadn't previously run any version of Notetab. I started
      >> it up today and got a notice that a new version 5.1 had just been
      >> released (as of 8/30), and that I should click the announcement line
      >> to update to that version. I clicked it and could see no difference;
      >> nothing appeared to happen other than a brief flicker of the screen.
      >> There was no evidence of any downloaded file. (Clicking other lines in
      >> the announcement box took me to various pages on my browser.) After
      >> doing this I checked Help/About and it still says 5.0. I closed
      >> Notetab and re-opened it, and Help/About still says 5.0.
      >>
      >> I went to Notetab.com and couldn't spot any reference to procedures
      >> for a 5.0 to 5.1 update. Downloads were all for purchase or 30 day trial.
      >>
      >> I presume I'm missing something obvious. Can anyone tell me how to
      >> proceed?

      Happy Tab'n,
      Jody Adair