Re: [NH] Add Quickinfo to pictures

  • adrien
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 21, 2006
      Op zo, 20-08-2006 te 12:40 -0700, schreef sisterscape:
      > You might want to keep in mind that the following IMG attributes are
      > now deprecated:
      >
      > align
      > border
      > hspace
      > vspace

      Where did you read this?

      > This is important to know if you want to write code to current
      > standards and have it work cross-browser. The last time I was coding
      > (a few months back), I observed that the hspace and vspace attributes
      > were ignored in Firefox and instead, had to be set with CSS.

      Not on this side. I can not remenber that it is the CSS that I use, but
      I will look to be sure. But Firefox here display correct border, space,
      etc.
      --
      adrien
    • sisterscape
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 21, 2006
        Here you go - http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/index/attributes.html

        This is nothing new. When I started to code HTML in 2002 (and shortly
        thereafter xhtml), these and many other attributes were already
        deprecated.

        sisterscape

        --- adrien <adrien.verlee@...> wrote:

        > Op zo, 20-08-2006 te 12:40 -0700, schreef sisterscape:
        > > You might want to keep in mind that the following IMG attributes
        > are
        > > now deprecated:
        > >
        > > align
        > > border
        > > hspace
        > > vspace
        >
        > Where did you read this?
        >
        > > This is important to know if you want to write code to current
        > > standards and have it work cross-browser. The last time I was
        > coding
        > > (a few months back), I observed that the hspace and vspace
        > attributes
        > > were ignored in Firefox and instead, had to be set with CSS.
        >
        > Not on this side. I can not remenber that it is the CSS that I use,
        > but
        > I will look to be sure. But Firefox here display correct border,
        > space,
        > etc.
        > --
        > adrien
        >

        > CSE HTML Validator Lite - it's free:

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • bubblefisch2002
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 21, 2006
          --- Hi evrybody,

          thanks very much for the quick reply. i will stick to the hint with
          TITLE- and ALT-tag which solved my problem.

          Thanks again, Raimund.