Re: [NH] Browsers Lost Their Backgound Colors

    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 5, 2006
      Hi Lotta,

      >Hugo Paulissen wrote:
      >>Strange that it both happens in Mozilla-browsers and in IE.
      >
      >Yeah... Jody, this is farfetched, but have you installed a bossy
      >firewall recently? I'm thinking if it has web-washing features,
      >as they all seem to have nowadays, and it's misconfigured to wash
      >away just about everything. IE and FF but not Mozilla sounds like
      >something is recognizing common browsers. Do you have Proxymitron
      >or some other thingamajig that filters web content?

      I did finally get out of EzAntivirus and went to AVG which I
      like, but it has a major setback for me causing my Tooltips (hint
      popups over mouse pointer) not to work while running any email
      download program, even our beloved AsA utility that loaders email
      headers and tags spam for deletion at the server level. However,
      I believe the problem started after that, and, I guess you missed
      it but I found the problem was a setting in the Control Panel |
      Accessibility | Display tab | having the High Contrast feature
      checked. I don't remember checking it, but may have. Might be
      looking for a new freeware antivirus someday, not soon due to
      time.

      >Lotta
      >

      >CSE HTML Validator Lite - it's free: http://home.earthlink.net/~5wink/dl/cselite652.exe

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

      Thanks!
      See ya in the funnies!
      http://www.clean-funnies.com

      notetab.net, fookes.us, purewords.org
    • microc@bellsouth.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 5, 2006
        Jody wrote:
        I hate to have to reload something like WinXP Media Center 2005
        and all the upgrades ....
        I just bought a Hewlett Packard laptop and discovered there are no system disks in the celophane bag.
        Will Microsoft send these to me on request? Or Helwett Packard? If so, where do I write?
        I want to be able to do a low level reformat if that ever becomes necessary.
        That happened to me once before with an older desktop computer.
        Thanks,
        Lew