Re: [NH] Browsers Lost Their Backgound Colors

    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 4, 2006
      Hugo Paulissen wrote:
      >Strange that it both happens in Mozilla-browsers and in IE.

      Yeah... Jody, this is farfetched, but have you installed a bossy firewall
      recently? I'm thinking if it has web-washing features, as they all seem to
      have nowadays, and it's misconfigured to wash away just about everything.
      IE and FF but not Mozilla sounds like something is recognizing common
      browsers. Do you have Proxymitron or some other thingamajig that filters
      web content?

      Lotta
    • Kathy Jungjohann
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 5, 2006
        In a moment of frustration I did a clean install of NoteTab Pro v4.95
        on my main computer (XP SP2) and it no longer treats view in browser
        the same: I prefer to have one browser window open and have each page
        I'm checking load into the current open window, rather than opening a
        new window for each document - as it now does. Then to top it all
        off, it doesn't refresh the page when I make a change and check it
        again, but instead I have to do a manual refresh. Any suggestions on
        how to solve this?

        So ... I put v4.95 on my laptop (also XP SP2) and I get an additional
        problem: IE does not recognize .shtml files as web pages but instead
        shows me only the source in the browser window. (I intentionally use
        IE as my main browser since it's the most commonly used browser.)
        Again, any suggestions?

        Cheers,
        Kathy
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 5, 2006
          Hi Lotta,

          >Hugo Paulissen wrote:
          >>Strange that it both happens in Mozilla-browsers and in IE.
          >
          >Yeah... Jody, this is farfetched, but have you installed a bossy
          >firewall recently? I'm thinking if it has web-washing features,
          >as they all seem to have nowadays, and it's misconfigured to wash
          >away just about everything. IE and FF but not Mozilla sounds like
          >something is recognizing common browsers. Do you have Proxymitron
          >or some other thingamajig that filters web content?

          I did finally get out of EzAntivirus and went to AVG which I
          like, but it has a major setback for me causing my Tooltips (hint
          popups over mouse pointer) not to work while running any email
          download program, even our beloved AsA utility that loaders email
          headers and tags spam for deletion at the server level. However,
          I believe the problem started after that, and, I guess you missed
          it but I found the problem was a setting in the Control Panel |
          Accessibility | Display tab | having the High Contrast feature
          checked. I don't remember checking it, but may have. Might be
          looking for a new freeware antivirus someday, not soon due to
          time.

          >Lotta
          >

          >CSE HTML Validator Lite - it's free: http://home.earthlink.net/~5wink/dl/cselite652.exe

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

          Thanks!
          See ya in the funnies!
          http://www.clean-funnies.com

          notetab.net, fookes.us, purewords.org
        • microc@bellsouth.net
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 5, 2006
            Jody wrote:
            I hate to have to reload something like WinXP Media Center 2005
            and all the upgrades ....
            I just bought a Hewlett Packard laptop and discovered there are no system disks in the celophane bag.
            Will Microsoft send these to me on request? Or Helwett Packard? If so, where do I write?
            I want to be able to do a low level reformat if that ever becomes necessary.
            That happened to me once before with an older desktop computer.
            Thanks,
            Lew