Re: [NH] Browsers Lost Backgound Colors

  • Fay Johnston
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2006
      Have you, by any chance, changed from a CRT monitor to an LCD flat screen?
      When I made that change soft background colours disappeared.
      Googling told me that many LCD monitors just have less colours, so soft
      greys, for instance, simply don't show.
      I changed back.
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 4, 2006
        Hi Fay,

        >Have you, by any chance, changed from a CRT monitor to an LCD
        >flat screen? When I made that change soft background colours
        >disappeared.
        >Googling told me that many LCD monitors just have less colours,
        >so soft greys, for instance, simply don't show.
        >I changed back.

        Yes, I do have a flat screen LCD monitor on my laptop, but the
        background colors have been working fine in it. I know that for
        sure. Something has changed and it's not the web pages. They are
        sites I visit frequently like my own and Fookes Software.
      • Jeff Scism
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2006
          Sounds as if your display driver has migrated from the specific one
          needed to a generic substitute.

          Try reinstalling the Drivers. (Or The defaults in your browser, are you
          getting OTHER graphics ok? changed PRINTERS?)

          ~~

          Jeffery Scism,
          USGenWeb Project Local Coordinator Rep
          NC/NE region