Re: [NH] NoteTab v5 - customizable syntax highlighting?

  • hiyawathen
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 26 11:58 PM
      Larry, thanks for the insight, I tweaked your example clip to work
      with a generic syntax highlighter. The clip grabs selected text from
      document and asks for language type and then builds a php file via
      text appending notetab function which is then opened in an url off the
      root of my apache service. The text is colorized based on the
      language selected during clip wizard inquiry. Works pretty slick!
      Let me know if you would like more info.

      Thanks
    • Larry Hamilton
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 28 7:53 PM
        hiawathen,

        I am glad I could help.

        I am always interested in new tips & tricks with NoteTab or any other
        program.

        Sorry for the delay in a reply, I just got back home after a week long
        trip and very limited web access.

        Larry Hamilton
        Kairos Computer Solutions
        http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
        Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus

        hiyawathen wrote:
        > Larry, thanks for the insight, I tweaked your example clip to work
        > with a generic syntax highlighter. The clip grabs selected text from
        > document and asks for language type and then builds a php file via
        > text appending notetab function which is then opened in an url off the
        > root of my apache service. The text is colorized based on the
        > language selected during clip wizard inquiry. Works pretty slick!
        > Let me know if you would like more info.
        >
        > Thanks
      • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
        Message 3 of 13 , May 23, 2007
          Can anyone tell me why the linked images returning an error?
          http://epicroadtrips.us/2007/spring/george/

          Thanks,
          -Mike

          ----------
          Check it out:
          www.EpicRoadTrips.us

          ~~~

          ~~~

        • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
          Message 4 of 13 , May 23, 2007
            Can anyone tell me why the linked images are returning an error?
            http://epicroadtrips.us/2007/spring/george/

            Thanks,
            -Mike

            ----------
            Check it out:
            www.EpicRoadTrips.us

            ~~~

            ~~~

          • Corl DeLuna
            Message 5 of 13 , May 23, 2007
              Hi Mike,

              I don't know if this will help, but empty spaces in file names are replaced
              with %20, and I think it can increase link breakage. I'd replace the spaces
              in the file names with a - like American-Falls.jpg, that way your links will
              will be written just like you named them.

              Hope this helps,
              Corl

              _____

              Can anyone tell me why the linked images returning an error?
              http://epicroadtrip <http://epicroadtrips.us/2007/spring/george/>
              s.us/2007/spring/george/

              Thanks,
              -Mike

            • fw7oaks
              Message 6 of 13 , May 23, 2007
                --- Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV <mike@...> wrote:

                > Can anyone tell me why the linked images returning an error?
                > http://epicroadtrips.us/2007/spring/george/

                Well the browser is looking for

                http://epicroadtrips.us/2007/spring/george/hres/George%20at%20Georgian%20Bay%20One.jpg

                and the images are at

                http://epicroadtrips.us/2007/spring/george/hres/George%20at%20Georgian%20Bay%20One.JPG

                Which I suggest means that the server's operating system is file name
                case sensitive (Linux perhaps). Change the lower case jpg to JPG and
                the problem will go away

                fw
              • Mike Breiding
                Message 7 of 13 , May 23, 2007
                  At 07:31 PM 5/23/2007 , fw7oaks wrote:
                  > > Can anyone tell me why the linked images returning an error?
                  > > http://epicroadtrips.us/2007/spring/george/
                  > >
                  >Well the browser is looking for
                  >
                  >http://epicroadtrips.us/2007/spring/george/hres/George%20at%20Georgian%20Ba
                  >y%20One.jpg
                  >
                  >and the images are at
                  >
                  >http://epicroadtrips.us/2007/spring/george/hres/George%20at%20Georgian%20Ba
                  >y%20One.JPG
                  >
                  >Which I suggest means that the server's operating system is file name
                  >case sensitive (Linux perhaps). Change the lower case jpg to JPG and
                  >the problem will go away fw

                  That did the trick. I am not sure why the case was changed in the extension.

                  thanks,
                  -Mike

                • Chris Dart
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 24, 2007
                    Nice pictures - I see no errors Firefox 2.0.0.3 and IE 7.0.5730 !

                    Regards

                    Chris Dart
                    Mobile: +31 652 460 610

                    ________________________________

                    Can anyone tell me why the linked images returning an error?
                    http://epicroadtrips.us/2007/spring/george/ <http://epicroadtrips.us/2007/spring/george/>

                    Thanks,
                    -Mike

                  • Mike Breiding
                    Message 9 of 13 , May 24, 2007
                      At 03:07 AM 5/24/2007 , you wrote:
                      >Nice pictures - I see no errors Firefox 2.0.0.3 and IE 7.0.5730 !
                      > Regards Chris Dart

                      Hi Chris,
                      Got them fixed.

                      Thanks,
                      -Mike

                    • Lee Underwood
                      Message 10 of 13 , May 24, 2007
                        On 5/23/2007 08:02 PM, Mike Breiding wrote:

                        >That did the trick. I am not sure why the case was changed in the extension.
                        >
                        >thanks,
                        >-Mike

                        I have that same problem myself. I've never figured it out, though.

                        Lee