Re: [NTB] NoteTab Pro 5.0 and NoteTab Std 5.0 released!

  • Scott Fordin
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 26 3:09 PM
      Eric Fookes wrote:
      > I am pleased to announce that the final versions of NoteTab Pro 5.0 and
      > NoteTab Std 5.0 have now been released! NoteTab 4.x customers will find
      > upgrade information on the following page:
      >
      > http://www.notetab.com/upgrade.php <http://www.notetab.com/upgrade.php>
      >
      > The NoteTab Web site also offers trial versions of both NoteTab Pro 5.0
      > and NoteTab Std 5.0. Due to lack of time, NoteTab Light 5.0 isn't
      > available yet and probably won't be released until September 2006.

      Cool. I'm confused though. The upgrade page refers to a
      "News and Updates" dialog, but no such dialog exists in
      version 4.9x. Is the idea to download the 5.0 trial, and
      then purchase it through the "News and Updates" there?
      Are there any differences between the trial version and
      the version you get if you just buy the package outright?

      Thanks,

      Scott
    • Website Managers
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 26 5:17 PM
        --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, Eric Fookes <egroups@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > I am pleased to announce that the final versions of NoteTab Pro
        5.0 and
        > NoteTab Std 5.0 have now been released! NoteTab 4.x customers will
        find
        > upgrade information on the following page:
        >
        > http://www.notetab.com/upgrade.php
        >
        > The NoteTab Web site also offers trial versions of both NoteTab
        Pro 5.0
        > and NoteTab Std 5.0. Due to lack of time, NoteTab Light 5.0 isn't
        > available yet and probably won't be released until September 2006.
        >
        > Thanks to all for your patience!
        >
        > --
        > Regards,
        >
        > Eric Fookes
        > http://www.notetab.com/

        I bought the upgrade right away and installed it over 4.95 (after
        making a backup). Installation was *flawless*.

        I also noticed that going to the discount page doesn't show the
        discount until after completing the form and going to the next page.
        (Just in case anyone gets confused.)

        THANKS ERIC!

        Jim Hutchinson
        Website Managers
        http://www.websitemanagers.net
      • Piotr Bienkowski
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 26 10:41 PM
          Hi Eric,

          Thanks for the long awaited upgrade. I bought NoteTab Pro (called Super
          NoteTab at that time, if I remember correctly) so long ago, through a
          vendor in Poland, that I don't remember where my license key is and what
          it is :)

          To support your work I am going to buy two new licenses, one for the PC
          and the other for the laptop. I read the license (one of the very few I
          did read ;) ) and it seems to require two licenses for two machines
          anyway. :)

          Thanks again.

          Piotr

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 26 11:22 PM
            Website Managers wrote:
            >I also noticed that going to the discount page doesn't show the
            >discount until after completing the form and going to the next page.
            >(Just in case anyone gets confused.)

            Thanks! I was confused. In fact I still am. I see they talk about VAT but
            it isn't clear if they will add it to the price. Has anyone from EU bought
            the upgrade yet? Did they add VAT? I don't like VAT, me.